ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Req - Clio Angel Eyes chrome & black

500bhp Scoob

do it... whether its for looks, or you want to improve the headlights at night.

so much better than the standard ones that are seriously pants at night.

350z & 16v Maxi

Thanks for all the compliments folks, Smokes I understand your concerns, I have them too. I feel the std headlights date the car, the reason I like these ones is because of the clear lenses like more modern cars. I dont really like the angel eye bit which is why I’m not so keen on the black as the angel eyes are more prominent where you dont really notice them on the chrome ones. I am seriously thinking about opening them up and taking the angel eye bits out.

As for more pics, the body shop did not make a very good job first time round plus it wasnt lowered etc and that’s the only pic you dont notice any of these things to much, I dont want to put other pics up that dont do it justice. I should have it back from the bodyshop again v soon so will put more pics up then.

Quote: Originally posted by Colin_S on 28 July 2005

Thanks for all the compliments folks, Smokes I understand your concerns, I have them too. I feel the std headlights date the car, the reason I like these ones is because of the clear lenses like more modern cars. I dont really like the angel eye bit which is why I’m not so keen on the black as the angel eyes are more prominent where you dont really notice them on the chrome ones. I am seriously thinking about opening them up and taking the angel eye bits out.

As for more pics, the body shop did not make a very good job first time round plus it wasnt lowered etc and that’s the only pic you dont notice any of these things to much, I dont want to put other pics up that dont do it justice. I should have it back from the bodyshop again v soon so will put more pics up then.

Shes not a modern car fella and dont try to make her one, she will get an inferiority complex when out on the road and sees fresher metal. She carries her age rather well for an older woman, and i know my 182 would given the chance:devilish:

To me as they are, they look like lexus lights for the front:sick: and you wouldnt put them on the back would ya?

I agree the standard lights are pants and some after market zenons would be mint but as they dont i settled for some Phillips Rally bulbs which are 100w:cool:. They are brighter then my main beam which never gets used any more and crisp white, they cost £40 a pair iirc.

[Edited by Smokey on 28 July 2005 at 9:52pm]

1.8 Civic EX

colin, just go for the chrome ones, they will update the car so much, look alot better in the flesh (i have some on mine). they dont look "chav" at all. People well over use the word chav nowadays, i think most peeps dont even know what a chav is anymore. anyway, just buy em, they are cheaper now and if ya dont like em send them back (as long as yoou dont bugger them while fitting).

your right about the black ones, dont get me wrong, they do look good, but make the rings stand out far too much and if you dont want that then get the chrome ones!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Rhino16v on 28 July 2005

colin, just go for the chrome ones, they will update the car so much, look alot better in the flesh (i have some on mine). they dont look "chav" at all. People well over use the word chav nowadays, i think most peeps dont even know what a chav is anymore. anyway, just buy em, they are cheaper now and if ya dont like em send them back (as long as yoou dont bugger them while fitting).

your right about the black ones, dont get me wrong, they do look good, but make the rings stand out far too much and if you dont want that then get the chrome ones!!!

Neither was Burberry, Lexus Lights, Reebok Classics etc to begin with.

Lexus started the whole Lexus light thing, this years trend is to try to copy BMW which in 6 months will also be Chav.

Same goes for clothes, haircuts etc. However the maxi kit looks like it has frozen time, same as the S1600 will still look amazing in 11/12 years time. However car Zone kit will last 4 maybe 5 months and its tacky to begin with.

I may not know what the true definition of CHAV is, but i know tacky when i see it........... and those my friend are just that TACKY

Smokey

1.8 Civic EX

Fair play smokey thats your opinion (which you along with everyone else is entitled to)... I think the maxi kit has frozen time as its a bit special and is alot more expensive and invovles a lot more work than most of bolt on kits these days...

Still as I said Colin, just go for the chrome ones, i personally believe you will be quite impressed once fitted to your car, specially as you have the bonnet so the rings wont quite be full so will give it rather an evil stare!!

Quote: Originally posted by Donnie Darko on 01 August 2005

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/gtbloke/minty016.jpg

^^Dont look chavvy to me^^

[Edited by Donnie Darko on 01 August 2005 at 7:37am]

[Edited by Donnie Darko on 01 August 2005 at 7:40am]

Dont look right either:sick:

Colin knows me & im sure respects my opinion.

Your pic has certainly convinced me.........sorry bud

[Edited by Smokey on 08 August 2005 at 12:14am]

I would of spent my money on clear fogs. Would of looked soooooo much better.

that blue on above doesnt look right dunno why... ive got teh black ones on my black clio, i think someone posted a pic on the first page? i think they look nice. if i were you id go with the black ones.