ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request - 172, Standard wheels/Turini's, Lowered 30/40mm

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
40mm on Apex boneshakers

DSC00793.jpg

On std rims ;)

DSC00668.jpg

ValverInBits
is the ride really that harsh on apex? Would anyone say there is a handling disadvantage compared to eibachs?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
After 10k miles on those springs the handling was shockin!!! Drove Alan's 182 on Eibacs and it was in another leagues.

Hmmm. I wont want to be going any lower than 40mm. So any recommendations on a suitable suspension set up? The car is used daily and never used on track so I'm after something rather smooth and not too expensive. Bear in mind on my VTS, I had a Spax setup, which was fine.

A silver one
How does everybody who is 55-60mm lower find the ground clearance?

I'm thinking of going that low on my 182 and am worried about multi stories, the dip in the road getting off the local petrol station and even the getting on to the ramps come MOT time?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
How does everybody who is 55-60mm lower find the ground clearance?

I'm thinking of going that low on my 182 and am worried about multi stories, the dip in the road getting off the local petrol station and even the getting on to the ramps come MOT time?

Well the front of mine just about gets up and down the multi story cars parks, and down my drive without catching my cup splitter... And i don't think the front isn't lowered 60mm.

How low should I go?

I have the 16" Turini's and obviously don't want any problems when it comes to lowering. Is it ok to go down 40mm or should I stick with 30mm? And do the majority of people think Eibach is the way to go?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
^^^^I think coilovers are the way to go tbh.

Very expensive way of lowering your car tho.....unless you need new suspension.

Most cost effective with great results is Eibach Sportlines. 30mm is the optimum for a road going Clio, any lower could cause issues with the surrounding hurdles, ramps, curbs etc....so much info on here with regard to the Eibach, there the No.1 choice end off!

Mine on Koni, which are similar to sportlines, a fraction firmer, a few mm lower at front and higher at back imo......
01-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Loved that car! There's one near my work looks identical, bar silly rear lights.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ha! Just shows you don't need to do much to make them look great! I didn't, Bar the colour!

Howz the evo fella?

Glacier White 197 Cup
Evo is cracking except going back to do my final year in september so its gonna have to stay in the garage for about 8 months!:dapprove:

Herdie172... How much was that lowered by and what suspension setup did you have?

Btw people, I'm assuming there are springs all round as opposed to a torsion bar on the rear? I've only had Saxo's hence me asking the question.

Glacier White 197 Cup
Herdie172... How much was that lowered by and what suspension setup did you have?

Btw people, I'm assuming there are springs all round as opposed to a torsion bar on the rear? I've only had Saxo's hence me asking the question.

springs allround on the clio's mate. mine was just 40mm apex.great looking and cheap springs however not best for performance. eibach springs are better for performance. can't remember if its the prolines and sportlines?? someone will tell us.....
:)