ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic request: Mk1s lowered -60mm

Beast
Just got some -60mm shocks & springs for my Mk1 but not sure if it's gonna rub lots with 15" wheels and 45 profile tyres?

I am worried about having to do arch work

S2000
^^^ not necessarily ali, depends if it's valver/williams or a 1.2/1.4. Either way you should be OK with 45 profile tyres as long as it's not a williams as I think they tend to stuggle if too low with the wider track they have. Valvers would have loads of clearance and it's usually the case on 1.2/1.4's that you should be OK at 60mm witht the 45 profile tyres.

On 1.2/1.4 I think 60mm looks spot on.

Fiesta ST
^ Haha ermm no it doesn't! 55mm looks amazing, so much better. 30mm you can hardly tell.

Here's a pic of mine before and after. 55mm front / 60mm rear. (15" alloys with 45 profile tyres)

Before (Tractor Mode - On)
====

Side_Clean1.jpg

Car_Side_Clean_WEB.gif

After (Tractor Mode - Off)
====

Side_Day2.jpg

Side_Day3.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

Agree with that man^^ had mine basically done 55/60 looks the mutts nuts matey, 30mm is for homos! especially on the RTs etc.

However min does rub a lil at the back with more than 3 people in and i have 45 profiles on willy wheels!

It shouldnt rub mate with 45's. 30mm i wouldnt even bother! gay!

195/45/15 lowered 55mm / 90mm ish
rearsidewebsmall.jpg

same again
small4.jpg

and my third clio 205/40/17 lowered 55mm / 80mm

frontside1.jpg

SP_A0026.jpg

Fiesta ST
It just looks soo much better, the stance of the car is great. loving the pics. :)

Oh, here's rich's old vavler which I bought from him (off here). Thanks again Rich if you are still on here! ;)

I think this is roughly 60mm on coilovers. (Hope he don't mind me using his picture). Again, looks really good that low.

DSCF0043.jpg

S2000
can any of you guys with a 1.2/1.4 lowered 55/60mm at the front post some close ups of your front wheels so that I can see what sort of gap there is between the arch and the wheel?

I had always presummed I had been sold the wrong springs as I bought them off someone on here saying they were 55mm but I thought it had only been lowered about 35mm as theres still a bit of a gap, but looking at some of those pics it looks about the same as mine.

Audi TT 3.2
mines 60 at the back and it dosnt rub a single bit and even wiv a full car and ive gt 15" alloys wiv 45 pro tyres! the lower the better!

can any of you guys with a 1.2/1.4 lowered 55/60mm at the front post some close ups of your front wheels so that I can see what sort of gap there is between the arch and the wheel?

I had always presummed I had been sold the wrong springs as I bought them off someone on here saying they were 55mm but I thought it had only been lowered about 35mm as theres still a bit of a gap, but looking at some of those pics it looks about the same as mine.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 114
  S2000
thats a valver though mate, which is lower than a 1.2/1.4 as standard.

Rob 887 - cheers. Looks as though mine is 55mm at the front then. IMO you need to go lower than 55mm at the fron for the best look after realising that. I've been meaning to lower mine by more for ages thinking it was only 35mm.

I guarantee 100% that it isn't 60mm. I did it myself using the old how 2 that was/still is on here. Springs are 25/30mm drop on the front.

S2000
I guarantee 100% that it isn't 60mm. I did it myself using the old how 2 that was/still is on here. Springs are 25/30mm drop on the front.

yeah, it will only be that much. AS I said above valvers are lower by about 30mm (about that iirc) as standard anyway so when you lower it 30mm it's the equivalent of about 60mm on a 1.4/1.2. Though I would agree the back looks to be a bit more than 30mm

thats a valver though mate, which is lower than a 1.2/1.4 as standard.

Rob 887 - cheers. Looks as though mine is 55mm at the front then. IMO you need to go lower than 55mm at the fron for the best look after realising that. I've been meaning to lower mine by more for ages thinking it was only 35mm.

Had that exact same problem buddy, bought a -55mm kit thought i had been done over wen it was on the car, was gonna send the boys round his house and everything haha.

Having seen a few RTs on here i don't think 55mm is low enough at the front needs to be more like 70!

S2000
My willy is down 30mm and it's Mega low!!!

any pics to show how low it is? Should probably be the same as the red 16v I would think if it's 30mm. The 16v I had was very low, think it was about 50mm - looked awesome though.

clio rsi!
IMG_0541.jpg

how low is mine then guys?!? it was done just before i bought it, i was under the impression it was one click on the torsion bar and 30mm at the front.......but looking at others tbh i havent got a clue without actually measuring it myself!! i know its black and not the easiest of colours to see but there we go........

A silver Honda
16vs and Willys are lower than RTs as standard so 30mm on a valver/willy is around 60mm on a RT/RN/RL etc

My old Clio on FK coilovers, lowered 65/70mm on 15" wheels (195/45 tyres)

_Bexhillseafront800x600.jpg

_Bexhillseafront_07a.jpg

K20 eg 217 whp.
3.jpg

15's with 45 profile, no rubbing or arch work, just make sure the camber is done when you get it lowered! and new shocks are a must otherwise i rekon you will get rubbing

I've had 3 mk1 clio's and lowered every one 55mm on standard shocks no problems, had no trouble at all. I would have prefered new shocks but always seemed to spend the money on another mod instead! you know how it is :D

Anymore pics of that orange clio Nathan, looks quite interesting

Are they 172 rep skirts? I want some for min to finish the sides off, nice and subtle, even less noticable in black

SP_A0022.jpg

Trophy #473
cheers Remedi, you've always praised my car, thanks.
Wing mirror always used to drop down, the suspension was solid!
Yep they are replica 172 sideskirts lengthened my an inch to fit a mk1, i do miss that car :(