ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request - What tailpipe?

133/225/CLS AMG
Well my Clio 172 (MKII) very kindly failed it's MOT today, play in the front ball joints and back box is blowing like a good'un.

So I was thinking I'd get just get a back box made up or ordered for it. Would go for a full system but really don't have the cash at the moment so want it done cheaply but may as well go for a decent stainless back box and get a bit of sound out of it.

Ideally I want a tailpipe that sits below the bumper but have no idea what sizes look good, too big/too small etc. Wondered if anyone had some tips on what tailpipe to go for and any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks people. :D

I have had a search but could find some pics but any recomendations would be good. Was thinking a round 3" inward rolled tail pipe would work but not sure it'd look too small or too big!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
DSC00089.jpg

Iv always liked the look of the yozza tip

Black Gold Trophy
Why not patch up the back box for now and then get a full system when you can afford it?

Buying a back box on its own is just going to be half a job.

I think that an outwardly rolled tip would look good

133/225/CLS AMG
I'll certainly have a think about what to go for in terms of cost as obviously a full system would be better.

Tunst : Is that a 3" pipe in that pic? I kinda like the aftermarket look of the pipe being below the bumper rather than cut in.

Sunflower Ph1 172
2 1/4" straight cut is my favourite.. in fact I have it on my 172. Perfect size in my opinion.

IMG_0288.jpg

SwissTrip2011NickPatricia064.jpg

You can ignore that cutout in the bumper, it's gone now.