ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pick a car, any car....

well ok, not literally;)

Ok, I had my insurance renewal through this morning for the 172, and gave me a bit of a fright! But it was so damn high, as there is a dispute with my insurance company regarding an accident earlier this year (not my fault) but they are not honouring me my NCD (gits!). This got me thinking for the future, as I am looking to move out next year, and there is no way Ill will be able to afford to run the 172, however much I love it. :( Anyways to the point, I am looking for other sugestions of cars that are:

preferable below group 10 insur., fun to drive, cheap on petrol etc, age not really an issue, depending on mileage. and still pretty quick

I was thinking along the lines of another clio, but dont anything about the older models! (engine size, insur groups etc). So need more info on them. Also Peugeot 106 rallye (MK1) is my main consideration ATM, so basis your suggestions around that!

ohhhhhhh and dont say saxo VTR!!!!!! :mad:;)

cheers :D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Or a 106 Xsi - buddy of mine tinkered with it was a right laugh - pretty rapid too for what it was - look ever so mean in black I think..

Or like roy says the Mk1 rallye Im not a big fan of the shape of the mark 2s

I actually used to own a 106 rallye mk1 too, which is why its a defo consideration!! i just dont know what else is out there along those sorta lines....

keep them coming!! :)

valvers group 11,0-60=7.7,max=127,137bhp

focus 2.0 zetec group 8,0-60=9.3, max=125, 134bhp

My suggestion 4 a low insurance but relativly quick car is the 1.6 bubble rover 200/25. loadsa kit comin out 4 it now since the mgs launch.

rover 216/25 1.6 group 7,0-60=9.5, max=115 (altho i got over 125),109bhp (whips vtrs and 106 1.3 rallyes)

u want any more info on this just ask,i have loadsa stuff on the rovers

Quote: Originally posted by fcuk1_6 on 02 December 2003

valvers group 11,0-60=7.7,max=127,137bhp

focus 2.0 zetec group 8,0-60=9.3, max=125, 134bhp

My suggestion 4 a low insurance but relativly quick car is the 1.6 bubble rover 200/25. loadsa kit comin out 4 it now since the mgs launch.

rover 216/25 1.6 group 7,0-60=9.5, max=115 (altho i got over 125),109bhp (whips vtrs and 106 1.3 rallyes)

u want any more info on this just ask,i have loadsa stuff on the rovers

Dats what im after! though i think the rover 200 maybe a little too small. might look into rovers though cheers.

hmmm focus,nice idea. though i aint looking to spend all that much, prolly about 3k ish on a car max.

whats the diff between the Clio RSI and valver? or am i just being thick and they are the same thing :confused:

and no vtr!!! hehehe, bah i went from a rallye to a VTR...BIG mistake!!!!

clio 1.8 rsi 0-60=9.4,max=116,110bhp,group 10/11. valvers group 11/12,0-60=7.7,max=127,137bhp. valver has wider arches,different front bumper, bonnet bulge and different seats. also rsi is a 8v valver is 16v (obviously).

the rover 200/25 is bigger than the clio and definatly bigger than the 106,also available in 5 dr if ur willin 2 put up with the looks.the 1.4 16v 200 is 103bhp which is the most powerful N/A 1.4 u can get, but its only 1 group lower than the 1.6.

my m8 is sellin a 216si 5 dr in maroon quite cheap,is got the 25 chromed boot lifter, body coloured spoiler (and a pipercross IK and CD player if u want).

If u want any info on rovers PM me,i have loads on them m8.

Quote: Originally posted by fcuk1_6 on 02 December 2003

clio 1.8 rsi 0-60=9.4,max=116,110bhp,group 10/11. valvers group 11/12,0-60=7.7,max=127,137bhp. valver has wider arches,different front bumper, bonnet bulge and different seats. also rsi is a 8v valver is 16v (obviously).

the rover 200/25 is bigger than the clio and definatly bigger than the 106,also available in 5 dr if ur willin 2 put up with the looks.the 1.4 16v 200 is 103bhp which is the most powerful N/A 1.4 u can get, but its only 1 group lower than the 1.6.

my m8 is sellin a 216si 5 dr in maroon quite cheap,is got the 25 chromed boot lifter, body coloured spoiler (and a pipercross IK and CD player if u want).

If u want any info on rovers PM me,i have loads on them m8.

perfect thanks again mate - just what im after - atm its just food for thought really as what there is to offer out there. Hopefully im not looking to change for a while, but it a case i suppose of generally deciding now, then keeping a look out for when a good example comes up!.

I know if i do go down the rallye route, thats gonna be a bugger to find a decent example!

Thanks again, ill let ya know if i want any more info :)

Remapped derv Golf

Thanks again guys! Well I have been thinking loads abotu this today, and defo out of the 106 or a clio (rsi or valver). Need to look into a little more of what will suit me best - I dont know if i can go back to having no toys with the rallye, so in that sense the clio maybe a better option!. hopefully this change wont be happing for a while, but best to start the ball rolling somewhere. thxs again