ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my 172 yesterday!! But....

1.4 Fiesta!!!

Got my new car yesterday, Iceburg Silver Mk1 172 26KMiles £8995 and its an absolute minter, looks new!

Need some help though. I bought the car from a garage, not a Renault dealer but seemed respectable enough, good service and all. Only just realised the car has no tax!
Now I havent a lot of experience buying second hand cars from garages, but shouldnt the car have tax before you buy it. Is it not the garages responsibility to provide you with a tax disk.

Anyone got any advice, dont want to ring up, demand some tax and look like a tw*t when the car doesnt have to have it?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I thought a car had to be legal to be sold from a garage, but I could be wrong.

Congrats on the purchase, I got my Mk2 172 also in silver with 5600 miles for 9K.. (but it was private sale)

I would ring up and demand some tax anyway, you never know they might appologise and give it to you !

They dont have to supply it. Though if you noticed this before you bought it im sure they would of thrown it in saving you £160-odd.

Too late now though :(

Stu.

1.4 Fiesta!!!

Damn it, wish I had known before the deal I recon I could have had it chucked in for free. I knew Id forget something, too busy playing about with the car to notice the legal stuff...:confused:

Down the post office I go...!:mad:

Subaru WRX

My dad once put in for a refund on his road tax when he traded his Mondeo in and got a letter back saying he wasnt due a refund because the tax disc had expired eight months ago... oops!! they didnt take it any futher though, but he gets reminded by us every year !! :)

CTR EK9 turbo

Nice choice in car spengy! youve done well. Shame about the tax tho. Ah well, at least youve got a quick mota.

Ive noticed alot of garages selling cars with no tax now. Its not illegal to do it, it seems to be a trend starting. Most importers will not bother putting any tax on the car, so i guess the non - importers are catching on. I doubt they would have "thrown in" the tax for you.

Nice car though.