ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picked up my new 182 last night.

Clio Trophy #123

And totally Love it!!

1st thing I noticed after jumping out of my well loved 172 CUP, was how light the steering, brake and clutch pedals felt compared to the cup! Once on the road it feels like a different car to my old one. The suspension is fooking spot on! REALLY it IS SPOT ON!!! (the Cup was bloody good but they have this EXACTLY right IMO - or maybe it was made JUST for me LOL))

One thing though, is that I feel like I am sat in a people carrier as the seat is not as low as me Cup. Prolly only an inch or so in it or maybe I have not got my fiddling combination right yet - seem to remember a bit of jiggling with my 172 over a couple of days till I felt "Just right".

Roll on when I can hit it hard (after running in).

Oh too late, if its warm its run in (thats what a warrenty is for aint it? LOL)

Drove around Darlington tonight just to be out in it, then had a bit of a blast around, pulls much better from mid range (even with just 41 miles on the clock) Cannot wait till it hits around 15K when my CUP
killed ("just about "anything that challenged me LOL)

Anyone thinking of buying a 182, dont hesitate. Best thing I have done this month (so far)

All in all, what a car. I have always loved driving and loved my 172, 172 CUP and now have my new partner, the 182. Any chance of becoming a member of this forum SOON?

:D

Ford Fiesta

I take it you got it with the "cup suspension" if so surely it should feel the same?

glad you like it.

Wouldnt have thought you would have noticed such big differences with most things, like seat height for example, its the same aint it?

Liam

Clio Trophy #123

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 12 April 2005

I take it you got it with the "cup suspension" if so surely it should feel the same?
Yeah I got the cup suspension. And no it doesnt feel the same.

The normal 182 spring rates are up 10%, whilst dampers are stiffer in compression, softer in rebound (which you can feel on the road BTW) - to improve traction. The Cup option ups the spring rates by a further 20% at the front and 15% at the rear (this was based on the 172 but is still above the 172 CUPs settings) and you get the trick tyres that obviously do wonders as well. It is better round corners than my 172 Cup and takes the lumps and bumps better as well.

glad you like it.
Aye.

Wouldnt have thought you would have noticed such big differences with most things, like seat height for example, its the same aint it?
No the cup had different seats cloth ones, no lumbar etc which did go lower. Trust me, I got out of one (which I had driven for 2 years (ish) and got into the 182, and the points I have mentioned, are what I immediatly noticed ( so wrote them on here before I grew accoustomed to my new motor)

Hey may interest someone on here ya think.

;)

Liam

R

rich[182]

How many days you planning on taking to do 625 miles LOL ?

Enjoy !

Quote: Originally posted by rich172 on 13 April 2005

How many days you planning on taking to do 625 miles LOL ?

Enjoy !
should take 1 day! we did 800 miles in 2 days to get my mates rx-7 run in :devilish:... its a beast!

Vee dub

Not much chance of me spotting ya then mate but Im representing back here in Bristol! :cool:

I agree with all of the praise given to the cupped 182 over the 172s having also owned them. Handling is far better and the ride is even firmer than the 172 cups! What would be the point in Renault bringing out a car that is not superior to its predecessors? Not many cars put such a smile on your face as the 182, Evo Magazine have got it spot on with their opinions I recon! Mines just clocked up 11k and its getting better all the time.... Enjoy!

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: 1st thing I noticed after jumping out of my well loved 172 CUP, was how light the steering, brake and clutch pedals felt compared to the cup!

Really? I find the 182 steering to be quite heavy. I like it heavy though, feel in touch with the road.

Lee, are you not tempted to drive 312.5 miles one way then turn round and do the same! :D I would..

Talking of seats, did you not fancy the Recaro option? Ive been told they sit 10mm lower than the std seats. Pity you cant have the kit with the std rear seats though instead of the Dynamique ones.

Clio Trophy #123

Yeah I was tempted by the Recaros until they told me about the back seats.

Although I assume I could get renault to get me a couple and fit them to it as it is. No doubt they would TOTALLY rip me off though.

Well I have 75 miles on the clock so far and counting. Going away for the weekend so a nice drive should get the miles up a bit. Then let then FUN begin.

:D

182, GTR, C63

Glad your happy with it. I gotta wait for yrs ncb before i might just be able to insure one :) thatll be in another 252 days!! talk about a long year. By the time i get the 182 i wont even remember the 172 cup so nice to know the little differences.

I think my 182 will get tracked a lot this time as its pointless not really thrashing the ass off it isnt it?

Wot the hell am i gonna do all year without 1 apart from save up.????