ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Picking up my new car tomorrow!

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Going to collect my little 53 plate 172 cup tomorrow and I cant fooking wait!

The car is completely standard, well appart from anthracite turinins which are being painted today. The only thing its missing is a cup splitter (wanting to buy a renault one but theyre a bit steep for a bit of plastic).

Have wanted the car since the day I passed my test and now I can eventually afford it. I've been saving the dosh on and off for over a year and sadly I will be bidding farewell to my little Vauxhall Corsa SXi in the morning!

But anyway, just thought I'd share my excitement with you all and I look foward to breaking down at every opportunity in my new Renault.

Mk4 .:R32
nice mate :) I was well excited the day I picked up my 172.

the day drags like a b*tch though, I picked mine up at night so I had to wait aaalll day at work clock watching

Haha that's what I'm like already but I've got work later so that should help. It's like Christmas Eve (when I was about 10 obviously).

But yeh dont worry - I've waited so long for it that I'll be driving like a nice old lady all winter just incase. Corsa's lethal in the wet anyway, probably because its got some shibo tyres on. But yes, I cant afford to crash as insurance is a joke.

The car comes with kumho tyres on I think. They any good? Or do you think its worth buying some new tyres for winter?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
most say to go for conti sport contact 2 or mich PE 2. but Kumho are standard fit on some good cars such as the Mazda Rx8 and 3MPS so they are prob ok

Mk4 .:R32
aye, PE2s are decent. Be careful with it being winter, icey/wet roads don't agree with cups lol

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Congrats on the new purchase, speak to you in a few weeks once you have stoped driving it lol
one thing i will say is you will have a grin from ear to ear once your get it :)

i'v got conti sport contact's on my cup they do there job ok

Ultra Red Megane 225
beware of wet roads. lack of ABS can catch you out if your not careful. other than that enjoy!

also take note of the warnings about power etc, i stepped up from a corsa GSI (110bhp) and i was shocked at just how quick the clio can be.

had mine for little over a year and been smiling since the day i got it.

:star:

a nice set of goodyear eagle F1 GSD3's will see you through the winter months. The best tyre ive had on my many clios.

Cheers for the advice. Might have to purchase some new tyres then depending on how I feel about these.

Will get some pics up tomorrow night.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
I found my first car more exciting. With the Clio i bought it, drove it home and havnt driven it since. :S Not out of choice (insuring 2 cars is not something i want to be doing) but to be fair ive not been fussed about using it either.

As said, dont go bonkers, your likely to run into a hedge.