ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of my clio

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
Sorry for the essay:boring: firstly would like to say cheers for the warm welcome.. been a member a few months now and it's been good

I'm putting these up to show what ive done...and to be honest i dont want any opinions attempting to **** ma car off as ive seen a lot worse examples... i know some mods might not be to peoples tastes but ive only added them to the car to go for a meaner image that goes with the colour. Basically i know a few people on here hate ph1s and doubly hate grandes, nearly a year and a half ago i got my 1.2 8v clio... extatic obviously... it was nippy enough and fun to drive... year down the line i started to change things, ma dad bought me some alloys and angel eyes..as the old wheels were shocking and non rs headlights are terrible...i personally think the new alloys suited the clio and the colour, and also the lights made it look meaner and matched the alloys coz of the black background. The reason i went for the angel eyes was that i personally dont like the rs lights as i think theyre too plain, no offence. Accidently reversed into my sister's boyfreind's car early in ma cars life... so i didnt want to go for the standard lights or lexus' as they are shocking...i went for some different ones that i resprayed to black. I'm aiming to fix up all the chips on the bonnet and everywhere else as soon as i get time...what with exams and all. I got some springs from eilbach so i could lower it 60mm... gettin some coilies asap as the ride is pretty hard... added a lot to the image and the handling was a big improvement... fitted a dynamique spoiler... and also some very freindly chavs thought it would be cool to steal a wing mirror cover from me which u may notice... and as of yet im not sure about colour coding...so no comments about that please...since these pics have been taken ive changed the side repeaters to black tinted ones... cant really be assed to list mods to come but im currently working on the interior... more to come... also ive sprayed all the badges to black.. nothing done to side strips yet though...was skeptical at first but they turned out good imo
only positives please.

030.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

Last edited:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
actualy like the headlamps+ride height, shitspeed wheels will be ur biggest regret

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
actualy like the headlamps+ride height, s**tspeed wheels will be ur biggest regret

Fair enough... i think they add something to it i know ripspeed are pretty shite overall and its not like i handpicked em but they go so im not complaining.. jus think turinis and 1.2s etc are a bit overused on here cheers anyway

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yer fair point, i reckon a set of refurbed turbines would look schweet

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
wheels really let it down to be honest with you mate. Headlights are the best i've seen on any clio and work well IMO. Rear lights are better than lexus's too.

Good work mate, well done

200 Gordini
Looking good.

Colour code the mirrors when you get a new cap and i'd be changing the rear lights asap.

I spy my old spoiler! :rasp:

Nice tidy little motor that mate, glad to see you haven't gone OTT and ruined it :)

Ride height looks spot on to me.

Renault Clio 1.2 Grande
"and to be honest i dont want any opinions attempting to **** ma car off as ive seen a lot worse examples... "

"only positives please."

Sounds like someone seriously needs their ego stroking imo!

Take the good with the bad!

clio 182
last pic is the best imo, spray the mirror covers black and the strips same colour as the car, job done..

b/g 182, meg tourer
i quite like the fact its not colourcoded. ride height looks good and it does look a little agressive.
not a fan of the wheels or rear lights tho. the positives weigh up to the negatives.

172 Cup
Reading you first post i was expecting to see some sort of Shed, however it dont look too sad fella, not to my taste but i have seen alot worse!

Never above 25mpg
Should try with upgrading things like the lesser models didn't have e.g. foglights

Not a fan of the angels or lexus lights or alloys but a set of tinted lights would look pretty good if you're going for a darkish theme :)

Tinted RSi/172 dual optic headlights would look nice! Should go for smoked side repeaters too!

Not chav but it's on it's way down the slippery slope :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Imo it looks alright. The rear lights aint mint, but there better than the white lexarse ones.

I had ripspeed alloys on my 1st car, but they did the job. I just got new center caps for them. But like someone else said, upgrade some of the simple things like foglights and other things the upgraded models have that yours hasnt.

But alright overall!

nice mate where did you get your headlights? im a fan did you have to do any rewriring to fit them, u need some front fogs definetly though,, also smoke your indicators..

Last edited:
  Vibed loooowww 1.poo
nice mate where did you get your headlights? im a fan did you have to do any rewriring to fit them, u need some front fogs definetly though,, also smoke your indicators..

repeaters are now smoked... headlights were off fleebay i think...no rewiring needed to fit....cheers btw

cool cool, how much? i need to get a pic of my ph1 up when its back from the garage i cocked up on my respray so let someone else take over lol, is your ride VERY rough on them 60 mm springs? do you have a sun roof? mine rattles even on a smooth road must get it smoothed out i think lol

AK

M240i
Reading you first post i was expecting to see some sort of Shed, however it dont look too sad fella, not to my taste but i have seen alot worse!

+1 its alright!

headlights look good, suit it.

wheels are a letdown tho

BMW 320d M-Sport
Looks ok yeah, I think it would look good with a euro'd look in that colour. Not a fan of those wheels but dark alloys do suit it.

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
lol point taken...i do want to go for the euro look to be honest...need some guidance as to new wheels that will make it look euro... hopefully cheep so i can refurb em myself to dark ... any ideas as i really dont want to go down the turini or f1 look

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
cool cool, how much? i need to get a pic of my ph1 up when its back from the garage i c**ked up on my respray so let someone else take over lol, is your ride VERY rough on them 60 mm springs? do you have a sun roof? mine rattles even on a smooth road must get it smoothed out i think lol

The lights were quite costly but well worth it imho, have a search on thebay mate, not sure how much they are now...ye the ride is quite rough but managable... if it was really bad i would fund some coilies asap, but its fine for now to be honest.. as for the rattling its just a case of making sure everything which seems loose is either gone or secured, within reason obviously mines not to bad though, currently in the process of removing back seats and trying to find some old school sort of seats, not sure yet tho, looking for a break from the norm. Yes i do have a sunroof, one of the pop up ones?

172 & RSi
lol point taken...i do want to go for the euro look to be honest...need some guidance as to new wheels that will make it look euro... hopefully cheep so i can refurb em myself to dark ... any ideas as i really dont want to go down the turini or f1 look

Tbh mate turinis are leagues ahead of halfords-own/ripspeed, and they're "overused" because they look so good, best wheel for a Clio imo...

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
Tbh mate turinis are leagues ahead of halfords-own/ripspeed, and they're "overused" because they look so good, best wheel for a Clio imo...

arite mate... but as i said when i change my wheels im not goin for the generic wheels, im goin for a euro look... so i'll leave the turinis to the people who actually want em... but i will admit they look good in black

2000 1.4
The Ripspeed wheels are horrible, love the angel eyes, got them on my car! :D I wouldn't spent to much mate, it becomes a total waste! save the money and get a decent car ie. a 172

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
arite mate... but as i said when i change my wheels im not goin for the generic wheels, im goin for a euro look... so i'll leave the turinis to the people who actually want em... but i will admit they look good in black

black lenso bsx's ? may cost a bit but there black and a sort a euro wheel .. would look pretty good imo ! think thats all it needs tbh with ye mate !