ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics on my new Black 197

sw1

Clio 172
Hi All,

Thought I would post some pics of my new 197, love it after a week of owning it. Previoulsy had a black 172 and a silver 172 a couple of years before that.

I also have my house in the background, got that last year so I couldn't change the car until now ;o))))

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

Last edited:

sw1

Clio 172
Cheers guys, I managed to find it last week.

Got the following psec new for 15.5k

Xenons with directional headlights
Auto lights and wipers
climate control
6 disc CD changer
Black tinted windows
folding electric windows

Starting to loosen up nicely, a baragin I reckon it's so smooth and comfortable to drive in. Far more so then my clio 172. Definitely a more grown up car like a golf.

ph2 172
Mate that looks stunning!

Also its nice to hear that someone is on their 3rd rs clio. :) How does it compare with the 172?

sw1

Clio 172
underneath, they are not that visible.

It's a more grown up smooth car to drive then my 172, it doesn't seem to have the raw power but for everyday driving it's brilliant. The seats are so comfy, also it doesn't rattle and feels better built.

Also get around 360 miles out of a tank, sticks to the road like glue.

Still fast IMO, as I've driven it it's opened up more and more and gotten faster.

I've had 3 Clio RS now, you cannot beat them for all round value for money and fun, I think my 197 is such a bargain and better then the MK V Giolf GTi I used to own, I have owned over 8 cars now, my most expensive being my BMW at 35k, for the cash though this CLio is amazing!!

An orange one
looks really fit that..

although, i cant help thinking for that price, Id have went for a yellow R27 and got recaro's and cup suspension for much the same price ????

sw1

Clio 172
dunno how much the R27 will be, I looked at recaro's but the standard seats are so comfy and I managed to pick this up as a cancelled order hence no wait otherwise I would have probably got recaro's or waited for the R27.

I actually think the ride is perfect at the moment, not sure if the cup suspension will make it too firm.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
wow!

black looks awesome on that!

the first time i've really loved a standard 197!

nice choice fella

sw1

Clio 172
cheers guys, I initially didn't want black on a 197 but when I saw it in the flesh it looked amazing and I had to have it.

Tangoed Works
I love RS so much, when you have a couple on road together, its like toy car racing at sports car speeds!

Sexy in black!

Turbos.
Looks ace, haven't seen one in black before. It could do with a little roof spoiler, although not the Cup racer one, just a little lip would do.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
thats the exact spec i'd have

love it :)

as said above it needs a 172 cup stylee roof spoiler, as the cup racer option on these is abit ott imo

also liking the diffuser too

hell i just want it ........... ok!!!!

sw1

Clio 172
Cheers guys, I absoutely love it. It's such a good drive too.

I think the diffuser really goes with the black car too, was thinking about the little spoiler I've seen onsome already.