ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pigeons, FFS

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
LOL, Stupid flying rats.

Pheasants are incredible when you hit them as well, Its like a 300lb bomb has went off containing feathers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I remember years ago when I had my first impreza. Came off a roundabout onto a dual carriageway, sun shining foot a wee bit down. Boom, bird flies out from a hedge and hits (wrecks) the bonnet scoop. Got back to work to find some organ thing on the scuttle. Nice.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The best i had was driving past a driving range near Chester in my MINT 172, a golf ball smacked the scuttle panel, an inch higher it would have hit the windscreen, inch lower the bonnet.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Its always better to try and catch them whole....

P2080001.jpg

Video needs The Carpenters edited into it.

"Why do birds, suddenly appear..." SPLAT!!!

Why do birds do this? I notice it all the time when I'm driving that a bird would rather fly across the road inches infront of my car than over the traffic. It's like they are playing chicken with the cars. Maybe they do it for entertainment or maybe it's like an initiation to get into a bad ass flock called the Terrahawks?

Who's the resident Bill Oddie in here? I'd like to know if there is an answer for it.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Apparently it's something to do with 'bouncing' off the air cushion your car creates at speed? ^

That could be a load of tosh, but I'm sure I read that somewhere lol

Couple weeks ago a magpie got 'caught' in my bonnet scoop.. Guess the car was hungry

Got to work, opened the bonnet expecting blood guts and feathers everywhere.. Not a single sign a bird or remains anywhere! I'm guessing it found a way out down the back of the engine but I'm glad it didn't damage anything!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
More like dumb as f**k.

They are indeed! I was kind of relying on their natural survival instinct to do what they normally do and that's fly away at the last second so I share some of the blame.

It left a lovely mess on your bumper 😧

There was also a whole load of s**t down the side to my front wheel arch. It was proper baked on when I got home last night.

Done this before! Twice infact, the pop sound is both sickening and a little comedic.

Aye. Sickening is the owrd for it.

Hahahaha. Surprised there wasn't more mess actually!

I consider myself lucky nothing cracked or smashed...it made a hell of a whack.

Its always better to try and catch them whole....

P2080001.jpg

Brilliant! I've a picture of my 172 Cup somewhere...I picked up a bird in the bottom grill en route to a breakfast run...but it didn't look dead, just kind of like it was holding on for fun.

Why do birds do this? I notice it all the time when I'm driving that a bird would rather fly across the road inches infront of my car than over the traffic. It's like they are playing chicken with the cars. Maybe they do it for entertainment or maybe it's like an initiation to get into a bad ass flock called the Terrahawks?

Who's the resident Bill Oddie in here? I'd like to know if there is an answer for it.

As above they tend to normally flutter away at the last second. I think these two were trying to hump though so they got lost in the moment!