ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pilot Sport 3 Alternatives?

FF Orange Clio 182
Hi Guys,

Back tyres are low and there's a nail in there too. I called the local tyre fitters today and they can't get any PS3's in within the next 3 weeks so I'm looking at alternatives.

What is considered the next best for fast road use? Preferably something that handles around the same as the PS3's in the wet.

Thanks

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Have you tried Blackcircles?

They do a good mobile fitting service (you pay a few quid extra, but makes it easier to fit in with your schedule).

They don't specilise in car tyres, maybe they don't buy from camskill?
Camskills has gone up in price quite a bit I think, last time I got some fitted they were a lot cheaper
I've never bought car tyres a thought am sure these tyres where more expensive last time I bought some.

do they come in 205/45/16? I haven't seen any

Same here, tried mitchlin's site and they only give ps3's. Strange. Maybe try calling a local ATS,
ive seen them, they were very sticky to touch, sidewall was different too, thought he was trying to blag me at first.

BG Clio 182
The ps3 are discontinued I think to be honest.

I went Pirelli P Zeros and I think they're bloody brilliant. I can obly go from my own experience but I think they're bloody fantastic tbh.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much everywhere is out of stock now of PS3s in 205/45/R16. But they haven't released the PS4s in this size.... So bit of an issue tbh.

I need some new tyres soon...

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I've know of several people that were more than happy to switch out P Zeros for an alternative, rather stick to a matching vehicle set too.

Rainsports are just mid-range too.

BG Clio 182
Nero, Rosso or other? I had the Nero and they where awful...
I can't see how you would think they were awful. They're rated a for grip wet and dry. They're superb brilliant tyres. Hence why ferrari etc comes with them standard

turbo 182
I can't see how you would think they were awful. They're rated a for grip wet and dry. They're superb brilliant tyres. Hence why ferrari etc comes with them standard
The pzero in Clio fitment are a completely different tyre to what is fitted to the ferraris etc

I had pzero on the Clio and rated them dry and wet then switched to PS3, they is night and day difference

The PS3 is the best all round tyre I've used, be it in torrential rain, damp, dry
And track!

They wear a hell of a lot better than the pzero aswell - which drop to pieces once they get hot

BG Clio 182
The pzero in Clio fitment are a completely different tyre to what is fitted to the ferraris etc

I had pzero on the Clio and rated them dry and wet then switched to PS3, they is night and day difference

The PS3 is the best all round tyre I've used, be it in torrential rain, damp, dry
And track!

They wear a hell of a lot better than the pzero aswell - which drop to pieces once they get hot
It's funny, I had the PS3 and found the P zeros better.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Try these sites:
Camskill
Blackcircles
Demon Tweeks
Tyre leader
Mytyres

If you can't get PS3s then I would recommend looking at Goodyears and maybe Hankooks.

turbo 182
Yeah exactly the same. The p zeros have absolutely endless grip they're unomprimised on my car on my setup, that's just my opinion though haha
Just shows what works for some doesn't for others

Few of my mates have tried pzero aswell and didn't get on with them.

I thought they were the dogs danglies until I tried better, PS3 best I've used but then again maybe be better out there I've not used

BG Clio 182
Just shows what works for some doesn't for others

Few of my mates have tried pzero aswell and didn't get on with them.

I thought they were the dogs danglies until I tried better, PS3 best I've used but then again maybe be better out there I've not used
Haha. I honestly love them. I wanted the PS3 but couldn't get any and am chuffed with the Ps3 tbh

mk1 Octavia VRS
Also worth noting that switching from worn tyre X to new tyre Y is not really a fair comparison. As a tyre wears the reduction in performance and increase in noise will not be that noticeable. I've just replaced the tyres on my Skoda with the same tyres again and the new ones are quieter and feel more grippy (definitely in the wet and to some extent in the dry).

FF Orange Clio 182
I'm getting two F1 Aysemeytric 2's for 74 each fitted. I have 2 PS3's on the front with about 70% tread (from new to legal limit), should I put the new tyres on the front and have PS3's at the back?

Clio 172 cup
I got 2 PS3s fitted last week on my third set on fronts £88 each fitted can't beat them for the price

mk1 Octavia VRS
I'm getting two F1 Aysemeytric 2's for 74 each fitted. I have 2 PS3's on the front with about 70% tread (from new to legal limit), should I put the new tyres on the front and have PS3's at the back?
I would do, but you might get conflicting advice. Great tyres by the way!