ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pimp my courtesy car! lol (pics)

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
My car has been in to have the exhaust looked at again.. long story short, it now needs a new manifold after having 4 centre pipes.. :dapprove:

This was the car I was given...

The guy in the garage said that this was how they came..?? not sure on that, more like they were bored on afternoon.. lol

Image018.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image073.jpg

Image074.jpg

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
what do them 1.6 16v's go like compared to the 2.0?

I was suprised actualy.. they are very nippy, they just loose it after 70mph. I had it to 117! Woo hoo! Didn't like it tho..

It would have easy given my VTR a run for its money, but my sister had it so couldn't put them head to head..

BMW M135i
b*****d, one with rear discs. Never seen one before all the ones i've looked at had drums, wonder if they started putting them on as standard on the Ph3s.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
looks proper cack.

"how they came"?...pmsl

Thats what he said.. lol

The brakes were awesome... no effort to stop at all. The guy said they were standard but they are better than my 182!! Got to be aftermarket..

Also the Tints in the rear windows were really dark.. could see fook all at night! Its answered the question as to wither I want mine done, that'll be a NO.. lol

And whats the SPORT badge about?? lol

I spose it may have been traded in so they keepin it for a loan car??? theres no way in hell that is standard lol the brakes r confusing me :-( it's got painted calipers and discs on the back and they just didn't fit them lol sounds like the boys at ur garage get board or someone has probably spent sometime and money on that

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
haha, looks interesting!

a friend of mine has one, they are very fast in my opinion, think they are a nice car, insurance is cheap and i think they are one of the fastest 1.6s, excluding 106 gti's and vts's!

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
My brakes must be fooked then, they were really good! Hardly any give in the peddle, when I picked my car up mine felt really soft, the peddle went alot further.. nearly running into the back of people because I was used to the courtesy car. Might get them looked at when it has its service.

BMW M135i
I spose it may have been traded in so they keepin it for a loan car??? theres no way in hell that is standard lol the brakes r confusing me :-( it's got painted calipers and discs on the back and they just didn't fit them lol sounds like the boys at ur garage get board or someone has probably spent sometime and money on that

Rear discs were an option on the 1.6 16v and The DCi 100. First one i've seen with them fitted though.

My brakes must be fooked then, they were really good! Hardly any give in the peddle, when I picked my car up mine felt really soft, the peddle went alot further.. nearly running into the back of people because I was used to the courtesy car. Might get them looked at when it has its service.

Might be due for a fluid changer and bleed then or something else, the 1.2 16v/1.4 16v/1.6 16v brakes are from the williams/valver.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
haha, looks interesting!

a friend of mine has one, they are very fast in my opinion, think they are a nice car, insurance is cheap and i think they are one of the fastest 1.6s, excluding 106 gti's and vts's!

Yep I have to agree there. I have an 03 1.6 16v and it goes like a rocket, well not literally, but it's bloody quick for a 1.6! Fast enough for me anyway. ;)

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
haha, looks interesting!

Yep I have to agree there. I have an 03 1.6 16v and it goes like a rocket, well not literally, but it's bloody quick for a 1.6! Fast enough for me anyway. ;)

Yeah, I'd give it that.. just the handling that let it down for me. It would beat my VTR is a straght line but round corners it'd loose it. But a good set of springs would sort that.

I've got it again a week on thurs when the 182 goes in to have the new manifold gets fitted.. I can't wait.. lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +

Yeah, I'd give it that.. just the handling that let it down for me. It would beat my VTR is a straght line but round corners it'd loose it. But a good set of springs would sort that.

I've got it again a week on thurs when the 182 goes in to have the new manifold gets fitted.. I can't wait.. lol

Well, I have good suspension now (Eibachs), and she now well and truely out handles my Hubbys 2ltr Megane Coupe. He can't shake me off of his arse either. She's a nippy little beast. :D I wouldn't mind having a drive in a 182, although I reckon I might s**t myself. Hahaha.