ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pins for plug and speaker wire?..

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Would i be able to get these in halfords? i know they are normally pretty good, its just i need to add another 4 pins to the sound connection block for the rear speakers to go in, in my 1.2, hoping to go get this friday,

cheers :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Well, in the dash you have 2 connection's, one for power to the headunit, and one for the sound, the male end (the end coming FROM the car) only has 4 pins in it, there for, 2 per speaker, that means only 2 speakers (the fronts) are getting sound sent to them.
There are 4 other empty slots in this block, for another 2 speakers, (rears) so need to buy some speaker wire and a pack of pins.

The adapter wire from the head unit to the cars loom has the 8 pins in it, like it is supposed to, ready to give sound to 4 speakers, but the cars loom side only has 4, for 2 speakers, so need to wire it in my self, just wondering if halfords sell these pins?

Im pretty sure they do, just want someone to confirm for me.

Polo + Micra
um think you would have to cut off the one from the car and wire in a replacement with all the pins in place

is this the cable you're after?

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There is an adapter you can get to fix this, I got it from a local audio shop as my 1.2 RN was only set up for two speakers. Go to a local car audio shop and ask explain what you mean. They'll know what you need. You have to mod the wiring a little even with this connector, but its easy enough.

Think it cost me about 8£

The reason I did it like this is that I dont think you can buy the little pins seperate.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Im sure i have seen them in there, will have a look on friday when i go down there on the train, *tuts*.

Sorry Dink thats not what i need, Thanks anyways,

Any other solution? ..all i need is 4 pins LOL

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you do find these 4 pins would you take some pics and show me them? I *think* I was looking for something similar. When i was fitting my alpine headunit.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Kinda hard to explain.....

Its another block, that goes inbetween the cars one and the stereo one, this one has wires for all for speakers, but plugging that into the car block would have no effect so then from that i cut the wires on it for the rears and hooked up the speaker cables direct with spade connectors.

Polo + Micra
so are the wires coming out of the head unit?

is the head unit actually a 4 channel one?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Right here is the diagram

Speakerdrawing.gif

Now hopefully you can all see why i need to find 4 female pins (which would go in place of the red squares as these slots are currently empty.) so i can wire the rear speakers in, this is how they would be wired in for a 172 or 182 or something with rear speakers.

The only other way i can see of doing it is cutting the wires on the adapter piece that comes with the head unit, and wiring it straight to the rear speaker cables that i will be running bypassing the block but thats going to be messy, what does everyone think?

Thanks,

Polo + Micra
if it was me i'd probably go to a scrappy and try and get the piece if the car loom part and see what you can do with it

you might be able to remove the pins from that block and insert them into your cars block

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Decided on Snipping the wires that come from the head unit side to the block, and using connections to bypass the block, then just remove the final 4 pins from the block, or just leave them there.

I know it says its ok, but wondered why one is silver one is copper? so is this alright to use to wire up my rear speakers to the headunit? .. if so will order some now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDIO-STEREO-...uting_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item3355efe8a9

Polo + Micra
don't know why the are different but that is really really thin cable in the order of .14mm2

Polo + Micra
i don't think the ones in the wiring loom of the car are that small i'd say it was nearer 0.5mm2

but hey it's up to you

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Cheers Dink, spoke to Rob and he also thinks it is a bit small, will wait for it to turn up (only cost me 3.89 delivered so not bad) and see what its like then, may be alright, if not, my dad works next to a car audio kit out place, will give him some money and send him over there one night in the week :p

Cheers Guys,