ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Piper cat back exhaust

Clio 182
What is it worth? Can't find anything anywhere that gives me an idea? Have a receipt in the Clio file of stuff bought for it that says £600!?

Clio 182
if I am going to keep it I want to get a decat pipe for it, but will any decat fit it or is there a specific one?

Speak to dan @ 519 he's a dealer iirc.
They're sleeve joins to the centre section aren't they? So you don't want one with the standard olive join to fit a standard/yozza/scorpion exhaust.

LY Megane R26
The centre on the piper is essentially a sleeve fitment, but it comes with an adapter to fit an olive joint set up too. So really any decat will fit. But you'll be better off getting a sleeve type decat.
Most sleeved ones will fit, ktec's one, milltek, and piper do have their own for the system.

When I was looking the milltek one was the cheapest option for it. I did find it droned a little a certain rpms low down and when applying some gas higher up around 50-60mph it got quite loud, but when cruising at 70 it was silent, 80mph was very drone and 90mph was silent lol. Although it was only 96.5db when I had mined measured at mallory so it wasn't overly loud just that droning that irritated me. I ended up with a silenced decat though due to mallorys tighter noise limits on track and it sounds great, bit louder than with a cat and no drone at all.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
One I made a while back

attachment.jpg

Fiesta ST2 MP215
That must be horribly loud I want one now, what do you do with the lambda on the cat pipe though? Surely a light comes on.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Can weld a boss in if you like, easy enough to sort. leaving the 2nd lambda outside the exhaust stops the light comning on though

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Oh right, and this was £60-70? Need mot done within 2 weeks will get it passes and call you about sorting this out, unless you do mots as well?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Depends if you have a cat I can cut the front flange off or if you need me to get one.

don't do MOT's on site. Can organise it for a fee obviously if you leave it with me for a service etc, but decat isn't possible with my guy since they shut the loopholes on cats

Fiesta ST2 MP215
It's just a standard cat and scorpion system with olive joins still.

Will sort an mot out and give you a call dude,

Clio 182
Anyone point me in the direction of a link as to where to buy one? Have been looking but got no idea what ones are the right ones

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Not to be rude but if you can't find a decat online you've not got much hope of fitting one, first search would be eBay then somewhere like Demon Tweeks, generally need to be same brand as cat back section due to fitment issues, needs a cat fitting kit amd new clamps and some black silicone to seal it stop it blowing