ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Piper x heatsheild & cold air supply

Right been working on this for some time now but its all finished. Posted some pics and description of what it does.

That’s the piper x heatsheild.

This is the 70mm cold air feed attached the heat shield inside the 70mm tube there are 2 40mm fans ( 15.79 CFM @ 9500 RPM, 41.9 dBA ) these fan are really powerful. The fans are positioned at the top and bottom of the tube to allow constant cold air to be pulled throw the tube and straight into the air filter, give a very cold air supply all the time.

http://212.158.206.90/fan.jpg

This is the tube that runs down the front of the car, this tube is air tight so it’s like a vacuum when you cover the intake hole. Its sounds like a hairdryer or vacuum cleaner.

I am going to get it re rolling roaded again to see if there is much improvement, but from first impressions its seems to be very good I can fill that the car is going to need to be re chipped again for the 3rd time as now the car is running uneven and ruff when at low revs, when at high revs (5,000) its runs much smoother and pulls more. I think this is to do with the engine having a constant cold air supply all the time.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074531405__hs4.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074530629__hs1.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074530677__hs2.jpg

Nice man, good job!

Will be interesting to see what gains you have got from the DYNO. I like the idea fot eh 2 x fans ;).

How is it attached to the front bumper? Are you going to seal the top of the filter?

I used a plastic tube that is stuck on the front bumper and put gold mesh accross it to stop some crap going up the tube. Because the piper x is not a stealed induction kit i am going to leave it open at the top just to let in more air if it needs it. But also its to let out the extra air that the induction kit does not suck up.

you engine will be processing a fair bit more than 14 odd CFM per min, more than 28CFM. mind you i guess its only blowing on it.

BenR yes mate your right . just re-read what i put and i have put the wrong fan model down.

Its a Delta 60mm Focussed Flow Fan (EHE) (FG-005-DE)

- Speed - 8000RPM
- Output - 50.15 CFM
- Decibels - 54.5dBA

So alot more CFM than i thought you will have to have a look at the next meet it realy does make a difference.

What do you think the enginee will be sucking in ?

So i would need about 5 fans to make that kind of air flow.

BenR Do you think this will be make any difference tho, its fills different but will i get any more BHP from her.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Umm I have a feeling that its not really gona do much to be honest. It may help low down, and say when driving in town but as soon as your on open roads flooring it the fans are probably restricting air flow . I would just run that airfeed from the heat sheild to the hole in the bumper and ditch the fans.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

How hot does that fan get?

The shield i understand, the fans make no sense to me.

The idea is to provide the engine with cold air all the time, the thing is with the heatsheild on you are restricting the amount of air that can be sucked into the engine and with out the heatsheild you are sucking in hot air.

Evan at high speeds your not directing the air flow to the induction kit so its still sucking in warm air from the engine bay. What I am trying to achieve is to provide the engine with a constant cold air supply so it never sucks in warm air. This will hopefully make the engine run better as its only sucking in cold air. ( AS I UNDERSTAND IT, THE COLDER THE AIR FLOW INTO THE ENGINE THE BETTER THE ENGINE WILL RUN)

So will it make any difference then ??????

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Well dont you need to seal the filter off from the engine bay completely?

Yes that would be best, but the piper x was not designed to be a sealed induction kit. Not sure if it would work !!!

I have been looking into getting a viper or bmc.

But back to the cold air supply if you can provide the engine with a cold air supply will it not run better. If not i might as well take them of .

I cant see them doing anything in particular and flow at speed through your ducting will be hampered by those fans.

Nice effort though, credit where credits due.