ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross filer for 1.2 16v SPORT

Do u guys know of any other manufacturers that make filters for the 1.2 16v SPORT 2002 model?

I know pipercross do one....PK208c about 90 quid..

any others,

David

Lionel Richie

Nope, thats it!! (PiperX do a Viper kit for it, but it aint worth spending £200+ on a 1.2 cos its never gonna melt the tarmac!!!)

does it sound nice? havent had the opportunity to hear one off the limiter yet deep deep roar or wimpy squeak?

vote now!

I wasnt really thinking of gettin it for performance....more sound than anything else but I wanna know what sorta sound one makes before I grab one

The 1.2 16v has a different intake to the rest of the range. It might be worth some of the more techy orientated peeps having a look, coz IMHO, the standard setup is so poor that you cant help but improve it.

I know theyll say it coz they make the thing, and want to sell it, but the guy I know at Pipercross say they had an 8bhp gain with this cone on average when dynod. The standard filter is so small its unbelievable, possibly only 6x3", without an airbox as such, just a very large plenum chamber. The intake pipe must only be at most 2" in diameter. The 1.2 engine bay is very roomy too.

Ive chosen to use one, and I have been very sceptical of them in the past. On many cars I found they were a waste of time. There has been no loss of low down driveability, no hesitation, and it feels a little freer up nere the limiter. Not tested it though.

Looking at it again, the intake pipe, is probably alot closer to 1" in diameter.

Unless Im being stupid, Green didnt list one for the 1.2 16v Clio 3 as they call it. Its not the same as the 1.2l.

The pipercross filter gives a deeper induction note under load, very noticeable, possibly too much for my liking. The kit is well made, but the jubilee clip they supply for holding the filter neck onto the base is letting it down. I modified mine slightly. Youll be happy with it I think. I paid £84 which I dont thinkj was too bad.

You said PK208c?? I phoned Pipercross and they told me the correct kit for the 1.2 16v engine was the PK188c, an induction kit shared with only the 172. Which one is right?

Lionel Richie

To be honest, it doesnt make much noise at all. Ive got one, but compared to jon16vs Piperx on his 16v its pathetic!!