ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross need some help

Well it has been 5 weeks development with one of the forum members cars, and we now have test results for the V-Force..

The standard car gave 174BHP..this is around 180PS so good standard power..

The V-Force kit gave gains troughout the whole rev range with really good bottem end torque, with a maximum gain of over 10bhp this takes the power to 191PS 184BHP

I belive this is the best gain I have ever seen on a 182, We will be testing on a 172 after the Autosport in Jaunary..and expect bigger gains from the 172...

These results were taken from WRC rolling road in Silverstone Circuit, these guys do all the EVO mag testing.....

graph_clio_182_vforce.jpg

Clio 172 mk2
Definately be interested to see the 172 figures.

If they are any good I may have to delve deep and purchase one

Sorry..no pics as yet as it is looking a bit ropey as it needs powder coating and finishing...

All the carbon parts, the intake pipe and the Cold feed ducts are being tooled up for and will be avalible in around 4-6 weeks...you can see a proto type at Autosport in January.

vforce_sneakpreview.gif

This is a drawing of the Civic kit, although the basis is the same but different shape, and different feeds.

We will be needing a 172 to do the rolling road tests if anyone is interested?

Car would need to be inNorthampton for 1 day, power run as standard, and then with V-force, we would offer 50% discount from the kit the the owner.

james@pipercross.com

DC5
I would be interested, if only my insurer would insure me with modifications before I'm 25. Although a have got an open cone kit on now. Hmmm....

172 cup (again)
Ive offered my car to James and will be taking my 172 cup to silverstone for the testing in the middle of January, looking forward to it and will let you all know how it goes

G

Gezzer172

P1PRX - i'm surprised you didn't do the 172 b4 the 182. Being an older car there will be more out there = more sales. Also, if you expect better gains, then that would be better for marketing the product?

Dave - did you see it / drive it? what did it feel like and sound?

RenaultSport clio 182
I saw a mock up, when i picked the car up they had already sent the kit off for tooling so haven't seeen or heard it yet! When it is finished they are gonna fit a kit though.

VaVa
Gezzer172 said:
P1PRX - i'm surprised you didn't do the 172 b4 the 182. Being an older car there will be more out there = more sales. Also, if you expect better gains, then that would be better for marketing the product?

Dave - did you see it / drive it? what did it feel like and sound?

I dunno - Renault shifted a LOT of 182's in a a short space of time.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
this kit will fit mkII 172's (cups etc) as the airbox is the same!!!

only MKI's are different

Skoda Fabia vRS
phase 2's you mean........

sorry to nit pick but it just bugs me, a Mk1 is a 90-98 Clio....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I know that, but most people on here seem to refer to the 172's as mkI and MKII....

Clio 172
Is this a first: an air filter that does actually improve performance!! Was any remapping done to the cars or does the improved air feed fit within the adaptive parameters of the standard clio ECU??

A group discount would be very popular, although it looks ugly from the drawing. Can't see the 'nicole's' buying it, just the 'v-va-voom's'.

I think when you see the kit finished you will love the looks....

With all the carbon and the trick power gauge.

Pipercross will be happy to arrange for one of our dealers to offer a group buy, I should think there would be up to 15-20% off for 5+ units

This kit has been designed around power....this was the main aim for this kit.....to be the best performaing kit avalible on the market for each selected car.

Come to the Autosport in January to see the kit released, (although we will still be waiting for the carbon parts untill early Febuary for Clio kit)

Clio 172
P1PRX said:
I think when you see the kit finished you will love the looks....

With all the carbon and the trick power gauge.

Pipercross will be happy to arrange for one of our dealers to offer a group buy, I should think there would be up to 15-20% off for 5+ units

This kit has been designed around power....this was the main aim for this kit.....to be the best performaing kit avalible on the market for each selected car.

Come to the Autosport in January to see the kit released, (although we will still be waiting for the carbon parts untill early Febuary for Clio kit)

at least that gives us time to save up
:D

S2000
What were the results on the 172?

Did they check to make sure the car(s) dont run lean with the kit on?

Cheers