ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross panel filter

182 cup
Hi

I'm trying to do a few things to get my 182 running nice ahead of a summer road trip. Thinking about putting in a Pipercross panel filter and removing the acoustic valve but will i really get any tangible improvement from this mod? Cheers.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Probably wont give any real noticable improvement, but wont do any harm. Best off getting a ph1 or V6 airbox in there.

Clio 1.5dci
I read about the JMS induction kit the other day, 10bhp - it'll set you back about £150. But at least it'll have some noticeable benefit :)

I've only just fitted a pipercross panel filter, if I knew about the induction kit I'd have waited. I will probably get one later in the year.

200 FF Storm Grey
Got a pipercross, 2bh I've noticed nothing at all, what does the acoustic valve do?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
10 BHP from just a air filter is a lot :S

I read about the JMS induction kit the other day, 10bhp - it'll set you back about £150. But at least it'll have some noticeable benefit :)

I've only just fitted a pipercross panel filter, if I knew about the induction kit I'd have waited. I will probably get one later in the year.

182 cup
Was thinking an ITG one before but seems the JMS guys figured out that Pipercross works better. So i must decline your opportunistic offer! I wasn't even sure what the acoustic valve did myself TBH just seems people recommend removing it. Would it increase airflow or just change the sound you reckon?

200 Gordini
Was thinking an ITG one before but seems the JMS guys figured out that Pipercross works better. So i must decline your opportunistic offer! I wasn't even sure what the acoustic valve did myself TBH just seems people recommend removing it. Would it increase airflow or just change the sound you reckon?

That was for the V6 Espace airboxs and not the original airboxs mate. They'll be no benefit for the Pipercross panels over the ITG thats for sure.

As for the acoustic valve, i noticed my 5k kick a tiny bit more which tells me it does improve airflow, albeit marginally.