ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pipercross Viper VERY QUIET

Clio 172
Hi have changed the induction kit on my 172 from a K&N Cone, to a Pipercross Viper and thought the noise is supposed to immense from the vipers?

Thing is its aweful! Sound is really quiet and nothing like my K&N...

Have taken the CAF off and the sound is better ... but still not GREAT

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Westy. MX5
Hi have changed the induction kit on my 172 from a K&N Cone, to a Pipercross Viper and thought the noise is supposed to immense from the vipers?

Thing is its aweful! Sound is really quiet and nothing like my K&N...

Have taken the CAF off and the sound is better ... but still not GREAT

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Why do you want it louder? Surely better breathing is what is required.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Viper won't be so loud as a plain k & n filter as the Viper is enclosed so the induction roar is kept in.

It's either you keep the k & n and have the noise you want, or have the viper with CAF and have cooler air going into your engine, but less noise.

Clio 172
Yeah i understand what you are saying ... BUT the main reason for buying the viper was that it was supposed to be loud :s

Hmm its perfect without the CAF... but with it sounds s**t!

Any ideas?

Tom

lift number 1 @ btm
if it is well positioned, you really don't need the caf.

i'm sure i saw a thread on here a while ago with testing on a rolling road, where the results were better without the feed on. possibly Andy at K-tec?

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
I have the viper and to be honest i'm not best pleased with results ive heard on here and from various others..

I'll be replacing mine with a v6 combo soon

Clio 182ff
Yeah i understand what you are saying ... BUT the main reason for buying the viper was that it was supposed to be loud :s

Hmm its perfect without the CAF... but with it sounds s**t!

Any ideas?

Tom

Who said to you that it would be loud? Vipers give an even boomy like tone upon acceleration. They produce a bass noise rather than pitch - do you have an aftermarket zorst? Cos you will not hear any or little difference with a Yozza setup for eg...

03 RS clio 172 flameR
I have a prospeed zorst decatted and its load when booting it, but i also have a 90 degree silicon bend going onto a pipercross p7000 open cone and it roars!