ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PiperX Viper vs BMC CDA

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

? - eh? no mate its an air box type kit like the bmc and the piper

http://www.itgairfilters.com/images/imgAirboxKit.jpg

AB80 Universal Carbon Fibre Airbox

http://www.itgairfilters.com/images/img_Racingab80.jpg

itg are able to design and manufacture complete bespoke carbon fibre air induction systems based on our universal racing air box, or we can supply the air box and filter alone as the core of your effecient inlet system. Designed for production racing saloons, this unit can be used in any formula, handling power up to 500 bhp.

Perhaps we need to take a car on the rollers and run all three and compare results - I think that will be the only way to really tell.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Hopefully taking mine to the RR day at BB and will see then. Currently with Magnex cat back but will have a chip and decat pipe by then. I suppose they only way is to check against cars with the same spec, but then viper is not available for willy/16v and hardly any1 uses the ITG stuff.

350z & 16v Maxi

I have a trade account with all of them and can try and blag them for a test on the rollers. Can i use the cliosport name as well? Saying that the results will be up on the site etc?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Would have thought PGTI might be interested in this as a comparative test of new gen IK systems like the Viper, CDA and ITG would be appreciated by all persons thinking of such a mod.

H22A7 Accord Type R

Ive seen a 1.2 16v with one of those BMC Carbon air box type thing! I hear they are quiet kits tho?! Thats all in know on the topic lol.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

i wouldnt have thought the viper would fit with the width of it, in a 16v anyway. Ive got a CDA not fitted yet, just need to add connections for the breather pipes to the throttle body adaptor plate.

Colin_S, yes say that Clio Sport are holding a rolling road day at BB performance tuning and would like to compare the results of the Induction Kits on a Clio if possible.

If they are up for it then Ill need to check with Andy at BB that they can do it because of time of fitting the kit and running the same car several times.

Would probably need to do this as the last thing on the day. It would also be good to get the Hill Power induction kit in on the action as well.

The cold air pipes are rather time consuming to fit so if we were to do it then it would be far quicker to connect IK to throttle body and then place the cold air pipe at top of engine. As long as all IKs have same treatment than can compare between them all.

Let us know how you get on.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Are BMC doing an adaptor plate now as I had to get mine made specially. Gonna fit small filters on the breather hoses.

CDA is quiet as it is sealed like the original airbox was. Open kits are louder like piperx, k&n etc

Also if it does happen then ideally we would want to try it on a 16v and 172. It would be much better to do the full range of cars however time will be a crucial factor !

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

AFAIK they dont do an adaptor plate yet for the 16v, i bought Nick Reads CDA and night.icon had a plate and a small elbow, got em welded together now. Are the breather hoses ok to just be filtered or should they really be fed into the throttle body inlet? It would probably be easier for me to drill holes in the elbow for them as its metal. dont know if the original pipes will fit though.

350z & 16v Maxi

Ill speak to them all soon then, think the problem is going to be fitting them. Im probably going for a CDA but moving my battery into the boot so the CDA will go there. I think PiperX do an adapter for the oval throttle body on 16v to make it round or it might be green cant remember, we might be as well just getting one of them, getting universal filters and just use a silicone hose to connect them up.

Your not going to get the full benefits of them on rollers tho as when you have a cold air duct at the front of the car you will get air forced into your filter when going at speed which wont happen on the rollers.

350z & 16v Maxi

I wouldnt have thought so but maybe your right. All i though was how you going to fit a CDA for a test only? You should be able to get one small bit of silicone that will fit all filters to go from the filter to the throttle. Or you could just use duct hose, it is mega cheep, it costs me about 50p or something.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Wouldnt test on 16v as they may need an adaptor plate fitting to the throttle body like my CDA did. CDA fits to that via silicone hose. Unless could use that for all the kits. Never had a standard airbox though so dont know how much these would improve upon a standard car, it would only provide results for best IK.

coolspot: Yeah breather hoses are ok with filters on them. I have gauze at the mo but gonna sort out some. KandN, BMC and possibly Pierx make them for about 15 quid each.

Hello :)

Im at ITG this week. Weve been working on a kit for the 172 for a short while now. Well be prototype fitting the maxogen tue/wed, then its going to be a couple of weeks for fabricating the final parts (including the silicon hose and breather pipework, brackets etc..)

The unit will be tested and dynod before and after and results will be published.

Replacement panels have already been measured up for the mk2 and cup, again Ill be testing over the next week or so. Ill report back on the official release dates!

If anyone can give me accurate measurements and detailed photos of the mk1s filter and engine bay Ill arrange for a panel to be produced as a one-off and we can look at the bracketing for the maxogen.

BMW 320d Sport

So Jellyhead, are ITG going to make an airbox for the Clio 16v / Williams? Its all very well being able to put a filter on a 172, but a 16v /Willy is another matter entirely - basically manufacturers have given up on doing one because its too difficult, leaving to DIYers to make up their own stuff. If any manufacturer actually did an airbox kit with everything inlcuded that would fit straight away , theyd clean up.

Hello (and sorry for the slow reply)

Yes ITG is one of my clients, but in a consultative capacity on the commercial side. I just share the same passion for cars you guys/gals have!!!!

Colin_S, Im sorry to hear youve had trouble contacting them, Ill bring this up as I know theyre extremely busy at the momenth (still no excuse though).

On the 16v/willy front......

If someone can supply me with detailed diagrams, photos and measurements I can have a panel filter made very quickly (within 2/3 days).

The maxogen system is a different matter, costs involved in "tooling-up" for a production run are more than youd believe........

Something tells me that few companies would be keen on developing anything for the earlier models, were a very resourceful bunch and Id doubt its possible for a manufacturer to recover development costs this long after the cars production finished (demand will be low). Like you said, people are now willing and capable of making DIY applications to suit their own vehicles... (I have on numerous occasions)

BUT!!! I am not defeatist, so Ill ask the question.