ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pistonheads wasters

Land Rover
So far there have been seven further enquires about my Clio 182 on PH.

All have asked if the car is still for sale (yes it is because the guy who bought it from me decided to restore his instead) but only one has responded at all.
Why ask if a car is still for sale, and then ignore the reply telling you that it is?

Sorry, but l just don’t get it. Apart from being rude, it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I’m not surprised you’ve not sold it.

Selling a car you don’t own for a guy who bought it only two weeks ago from you and now doesn’t want it sounds alarm bells in most car buyers heads.

Have you ever tried selling a car on Facebook? I get 10-15 messages like that a day on there.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Have you ever tried selling a car on Facebook? I get 10-15 messages like that a day on there.

Thats because the f**king ask seller button gets in the way when you're scrolling through adverts so you end up accidentally sending a ton of messages.

Land Rover
I’m not surprised you’ve not sold it.

Selling a car you don’t own for a guy who bought it only two weeks ago from you and now doesn’t want it sounds alarm bells in most car buyers heads.

I guess you are right, it does sound fishy. I suppose he’s going to have to list it himself l just thought l was doing him a favour.

Land Rover
OK after the advice and comments above l decided the best thing to do it delete the advert.
(now deleted)
The guy will be much better off advertising and selling it himself, for the reasons mentioned above.

He bought it and made a mistake, he should deal with it now. Its not like picking up some food at the store and when you get to the till realise you dont want it so you throw it to the side, 'not my problem'

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
OK after the advice and comments above l decided the best thing to do it delete the advert.
(now deleted)
The guy will be much better off advertising and selling it himself, for the reasons mentioned above.

Exactly you sold it to him it's his problem now. nowt to do with you anymore let him sort it!

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't have bothered talking to him after selling the car in the first place, sounds like a right flannel.

I mean who asks the previous owner to try and sell their car for them???

Land Rover
He didn’t ask, l offered.
I thought l was helping him out, he was a decent guy, but in retrospect it wasn’t a great plan.
Much better to do his own advert. I think he has decided to keep the car anyway now, and sell his.

tenor.gif

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
potential buyers first question, "how long have you owned the car?" seller, "a day" flol. hes going to struggle to sell it as everyone will think its f**ked IMO

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Thats me every f**king time on Facebook.

The first message is automatically sent if you press the huge "Ask For Details" button.
That same button jumps around the screen trying to stay in place at the bottom, if you're just scrolling through you end up pressing it by accident it's stupid!