ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The titanic has docked…

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Went to the beach this afternoon and the roof was covered in seagull s**t 😂 either they like it or wanted it out of their car park 🤣

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Have to have a packet of Werthers in your pocket at all times when driving this!

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
The neighbours view every time @Ant1 goes out.

ant.png

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Car has been checked over and the source of the leak is coming from the lower sump pan as it’s slightly distorted in the back.

Still a prick but at least it’s not coming from the top half of engine.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
she’s still rolling…..

2000 miles covered now. Going in next week for new sump which is about 600 quid with oil.

Small claims court shortly after.

Just done 500 miles to a tank at a cost of £140 😂

7 seats are really useful, well for the wife as I’m not driving someone else’s little s***s around.

3BB1F659-A16F-4020-B244-8E6F65D6DC1E.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’m assuming the MPG is what it is (not that good) because you’re doing loads of relatively short journeys?

It’s about 160/170 to fill up my X5 but I get 750+ miles out of that on the motorway though. It’s appalling around town. 😂

(I’m still contemplating one of these, I really want one)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I’m assuming the MPG is what it is (not that good) because you’re doing loads of relatively short journeys?

It’s about 160/170 to fill up my X5 but I get 750+ miles out of that on the motorway though. It’s appalling around town. 😂

(I’m still contemplating one of these, I really want one)

It will only do maximum 40mpg going by book, this tank was a mixture of A roads, traffic and motorway. Using math it works out at 34mpg.

That’s a fully loaded car.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
All sorted, no more oil leak, cv boot replaced and mot’d.

Done 3k in it now and seems to be going smoothly.

Changing thermostat this week as not getting fully upto temp, hopefully there will be a mpg improvement once done.

Wife and 6 of her mates went out for a jolly at the weekend and the titanic carried out her duty with ease and comfort.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Changed the thermostat today with what was going to be a Borg & Beck item.

Fairly straight forward, you have to remove upper intercooler pipe to access fuel lines they can be moved a few mm to remove rear long bolt on thermostat. Replacement item looked good until I refitted coolant hose. Look at the play in this! There is a rubber seal on the joint but there is no chance that is going to seal once thermostat opens.

Off I went to Mercedes to get a genuine item, thankfully they are in stock.

Car gets up to temp now via scanner and mpg even on a short run has improved

. Tomorrow when I drive her for a few hrs will be the true test for improvement.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There's a special place in hell for the person who invented those quick fittings.

Literally a solution to a problem that never existed.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
You sure they're not designed like that? Seen many connections that are designed loose then firm up as soon as a bit of pressure gets behind them. Bmw and vw have connections like that.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
You sure they're not designed like that? Seen many connections that are designed loose then firm up as soon as a bit of pressure gets behind them. Bmw and vw have connections like that.

I thought that but when the system pressurized after a few minutes it started leaking. The old thermostat there was no play, new Mercedes item had none either.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Wife picked a fight with Ikeas Barriers in car park today. Naturally barriers won, dented scratched down near side of car ffs. Good start to holiday getting picked up from work and being greeted with it 😂😂

She reminded me that it was our 15 year anniversary today so I have to be nice about it, no problem love your going down tonight to keep me happy….

Last edited:
  RS4
Local fella was selling a 13 plate one of these with 90k but CAT N

Offered 5k on it and I think we could have done a deal on it around 5.5kish but I didn’t want to go to that

Thought about this thread after and perhaps saved some pain 😆

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not a great deal to report other than it’s been running great. Needed a new DPF sensor which I sourced a new genuine MB unit for £36 on eBay.

Icarsoft has been worth its weight in gold as I read the codes, purchased the part, fitted and of she goes.

Replaced the last original tyre on the back as it was on 3mm but cracks started to appear on side wall. The other three tyres have covered 6k and have barely worn.

Engine has done 7k now and seems to be going ok, 3k since sump replaced and thermostat, zero oil and coolant usage since.

550 mile round trip just completed to Alton Towers with two kids, two adults, and the boot full of s**t comfortably. 34mpg overall which is ok considering how s**t the traffic was.

I still hate it but can’t deny the usability, wife naturally loves everything I do not, so she’s sold.

Still need to sort DRLs and spare key, will sort the key in a few weeks but not sure I can be bothered to spend 3-500£ to sort a couple of led strip lights.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This is awesome. I mean it's sh*te that you've had all these issues but I think we can all applaud your attitude mate!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Still going strong, almost 8k covered and carving through winter roads nicely.

MPG has dropped due to colder weather and additives but I’ll forgive her for this as I have no issues moving the thing around fully loaded no matter the weather.

Dirty.

83255FBD-786C-4687-AB6E-FABB9C2C74F9.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
10k covered now and still going strong. Paid £269 for a 2nd key which is now sorted. Booked in with Mercedes to have the brake servo replaced under a world wide recall in a few weeks.

After that she will be going up for sale!

Replacement will be a E63 AMG estate, preferably the S version but a Performance Pack model would suffice if the car is good.

I like it but I like the AMG more….

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
10k covered now and still going strong. Paid £269 for a 2nd key which is now sorted. Booked in with Mercedes to have the brake servo replaced under a world wide recall in a few weeks.

After that she will be going up for sale!

Replacement will be a E63 AMG estate, preferably the S version but a Performance Pack model would suffice if the car is good.

I like it but I like the AMG more….
I actually have a white e63s estate coming in for repair on Monday, bloody rare bus! Guy says dealers are never off the email and phone trying to buy it! Lovely big thing!