ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The titanic has docked…

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well I’m not joking as it’s f**king huge!

We need a bigger car for the family as it’s getting annoying not being able to have more than 4 usable seats.

I don’t want to spend a lot mainly due to being a tight arse, but I don’t want to lose my ass if we decided to part ways in a year or so.

This popped up for sale locally, ugly ducking built onto a long wheelbase ML.

V6 diesel producing 267bhp, 7 speed auto, and it has only covered 55k.

Price paid? 5.2k which is really cheap but there is a catch! The engine has a tick on the drivers side bank which I was hoping would be a injector. But I reckon it’s the chain or the tensioner.

Even if I spent 5k on repairs and up keep it’s still a cheap car tbh.

Drives great, nice and quick, loads of room and generally in great nick all round.

Things to sort separate from above?

Sort reversing camera
Sort light/heavy power steering
Change the center piece of carpet due to odd wear.

Ugly titanic pics.

10A82CF6-EF51-4CF9-AEE0-9DAD956C6F87.jpeg
939900F4-7313-453A-9B38-95D76705E8F0.jpeg
EB1F6213-0D5B-481B-BD96-F17ED128EBE1.jpeg
36F965BE-740D-4690-8116-9FFA469D76A6.jpeg
AC1F7715-C418-4D29-87C7-4E44063373CB.jpeg
449CE943-D819-4E38-B155-DE1AB300A972.jpeg
35DB6416-881E-4832-87E6-65B136702E5B.jpeg
6CE07B0E-6465-42AF-8382-FEEB0D4CCB7B.jpeg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's utterly horrendous and still so much car for the money!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Aye it’s defo interesting to look at but I can’t get moaned about space and seats anymore 😂

I’m not wasting 30k on a newer car for the kids to trash 😆

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Digusting but for what you've bought it for it's great!

The 350 cdi engine is a peach so surprised it's the chain. The OM642 has a few minor issues but I dont think the chain is one of them.

@KielT is the Merc expert.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
im sorry but 5k for that is insanely good value.

Ferry the kids about? Tick.
Van? Tick
Comfortable? Tick
Economical? Tick

You've done well there. Very well!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I’m allowing a few grand for repairs if chain needs doing so it won’t be quiet as cheap but still much cheaper than what’s currently advertised.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Lets be honest you can't see it when your sat in it, make a great comfy family bus that.. (y)

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
They are utter, utter bargains because they are unfashionable. If you can find a decent one and get over the looks I think they're a great choice.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Ant1 - you’ve got me looking at these now!

Family car, tow the trailer, comfy work smoker, fast enough, reasonable on fuel and air suspension with a massive boot for aiding track days. This is a game changer!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
defo looks like a dodgy cheap Heathrow taxi but the interior look so clean. Not much wear on those seats

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
@Ant1 - you’ve got me looking at these now!

Family car, tow the trailer, comfy work smoker, fast enough, reasonable on fuel and air suspension with a massive boot for aiding track days. This is a game changer!

It is a very comfy barge and it’s pretty quick with it. Wife’s happy, might not be after a 3k bill but it’s still cheap.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It is a very comfy barge and it’s pretty quick with it. Wife’s happy, might not be after a 3k bill but it’s still cheap.
I was just looking at prices etc and you absolutely stole that! 😂

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Didn’t they do an AMG version of this and it only sold something like 150 units?!

I love these though. A lot of car for the money and an absolute eyesore :cool:

Reactions: Tom

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I like it, in the sort of way I like things designed to do a function. I needs some nicer wheels, think that would transform it. But otherwise and utterly sensible barge. Very different from the standard family Tupperware container

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Tbh the torque from the current lump is great. Good tuning box available for 400 notes if required.

0-60 is 7.6 secs!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Been at it last few days getting it sorted.

So far I have replaced drivers loom for boot open/close button, oil change, all filters, fuel filter, pollen filter and sorted the side light bulbs.

New front shocks on order plus genuine springs and then I need to sort reverse camera.

Booked in on Friday for engine noise looking at. I’m sure it’s tensioner or chain.

On the plus the underside is bone dry with no leaks which is a massive noise for one of these.

Looks ok in these pics 😂

405009E3-0F7B-42B2-9858-FF2D230F05B1.jpeg
D2C8D35A-A112-4612-9F44-85B8A2D785BF.jpeg

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Been at it last few days getting it sorted.

So far I have replaced drivers loom for boot open/close button, oil change, all filters, fuel filter, pollen filter and sorted the side light bulbs.

New front shocks on order plus genuine springs and then I need to sort reverse camera.

Booked in on Friday for engine noise looking at. I’m sure it’s tensioner or chain.

On the plus the underside is bone dry with no leaks which is a massive noise for one of these.

Looks ok in these pics 😂

View attachment 1580413View attachment 1580415
Good that you're thinking of your neighbours eyesight by hiding this abomination behind the hedge