ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The titanic has docked…

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Honestly its grown on me since I've been following your thread I don't usually like big cars but that looks pretty cool its way better than a mini van thing.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Honestly its grown on me since I've been following your thread I don't usually like big cars but that looks pretty cool its way better than a mini van thing.

It’s a very nice place to be on the inside and it rides really well. So much room it’s unbelievable.

Just don’t expect a sports car in the corners as it’s over 2 ton.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Spent the morning chasing a fault with my reverse camera as to why it wasn’t working.

I was told originally this was due to one of the communication modules under the passenger front seat throwing a communication fault which meant it wouldn’t communicate with the camera.

Removed the module and cleaned a small amount of corrosion off ports as board is clean. Put back together, cleared fault code and it’s working perfectly.

I than spent the next few hrs removing the front and rear Sam units as I was advised that the front needed to replaced. Both clean as a whistle with zero corrosion anywhere so that’s not the cause and again, they both work perfectly with zero faults.

At this stage I was a bit stumped however I decided to keep going so I removed the boot inner trim so I could access loom for camera, checked voltage and there’s no power. So I traced the camera loom checking for breaks in cable when I eventually arrived to the camera module.

Think I found the problem…..

67F634F6-7D1A-44E8-AAFD-DE16C858D7F9.jpeg

So pretty sure this will be the cure, now just need to sort out why my DRLs won’t switch on. Saved myself £550 on a front Sam and another £150 on the control module this morning.

Arctic 182, GTD
The sump gasket / sealant (seen 3 of these leaks now) all NSR corner, so I would suspect that as you have had the cooler seals done.

IIRC you have to remove the gearbox box to drop the engine sump on the 642 engine.

EDIT - I assume this is the interface between the upper sump and engine, not the lower sump to upper?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The sump gasket / sealant (seen 3 of these leaks now) all NSR corner, so I would suspect that as you have had the cooler seals done.

IIRC you have to remove the gearbox box to drop the engine sump on the 642 engine.

EDIT - I assume this is the interface between the upper sump and engine, not the lower sump to upper?

drivers side rear corner it’s running down from above.

So it’s coming down from higher up and dropping down onto this corner.

Attachments

• C419DBB9-D727-49A3-8F1B-889C69CA6270.jpeg
    C419DBB9-D727-49A3-8F1B-889C69CA6270.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  Arctic 182, GTD
You got a borescope camera? Can you check to make sure the cooler isn't leaking and this is the run off.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
You got a borescope camera? Can you check to make sure the cooler isn't leaking and this is the run off.

Im just gonna hand the car back as it’s easier then me trying to guess. There aren’t many places for it to leak like that and the cooler and seals are new.

Lost 2 notches of oil over 700 miles so I’m just going to keep and eye on it whilst we wait to it to go in.

Attachments

• 3BCA4961-1B49-4D85-87ED-4EE63278CA5C.jpeg
    3BCA4961-1B49-4D85-87ED-4EE63278CA5C.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 52
  Arctic 182, GTD
Im just gonna hand the car back as it’s easier then me trying to guess. There aren’t many places for it to leak like that and the cooler and seals are new.

Lost 2 notches of oil over 700 miles so I’m just going to keep and eye on it whilst we wait to it to go in.
Well the three we had in with the sump gaskets weeping / leaking. They lost FA really, 1 we noticed on a service and the undertray caught it all. The other 2 were new customers and they were getting a second opinion from their local but none of them had spots on the drive etc.

I wonder if the new cooler seals are leaking as thats a fair bit of oil to have lost IMO.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well the three we had in with the sump gaskets weeping / leaking. They lost FA really, 1 we noticed on a service and the undertray caught it all. The other 2 were new customers and they were getting a second opinion from their local but none of them had spots on the drive etc.

I wonder if the new cooler seals are leaking as thats a fair bit of oil to have lost IMO.

Yep it can only be the cooler/seals or the crankshaft seal?

If it’s headgasket or or rocker covers that’s another ball game but I’m sure it’s not.

Turbo oil hose leaking maybe?

Arctic 182, GTD
Yep it can only be the cooler/seals or the crankshaft seal?

If it’s headgasket or or rocker covers that’s another ball game but I’m sure it’s not.

Turbo oil hose leaking maybe?
Head gaskets and rocker coversare not something I've seen before to be leaking, but always a possibility I suppose.

Doubt it'll be the turbo feed or return hose.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Head gaskets and rocker coversare not something I've seen before to be leaking, but always a possibility I suppose.

Doubt it'll be the turbo feed or return hose.

I would be with you but that’s what the issue was the first time it went back, drivers side headgasket was seeping oil….

Arctic 182, GTD
I would be with you but that’s what the issue was the first time it went back, drivers side headgasket was seeping oil….
Yeah but that was because they decided to change it. Never seen one with a head gasket failure as not an known issue that I've seen or heard of.

I worked in parts before here and I never sold any either. I reckon it leaked as they either fit a duff cheap gasket or didn't do it right.

I thought it was weird when you said they changed it before shipping as I've never had that either and I must of bought or been the recipient of 10-12 secondhand engines.

Feel gutted for you as you shouldn't be having this many issues..

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah but that was because they decided to change it. Never seen one with a head gasket failure as not an known issue that I've seen or heard of.

I worked in parts before here and I never sold any either. I reckon it leaked as they either fit a duff cheap gasket or didn't do it right.

I thought it was weird when you said they changed it before shipping as I've never had that either and I must of bought or been the recipient of 10-12 secondhand engines.

Feel gutted for you as you shouldn't be having this many issues..

Is what it is. I found it strange also especially as it wasn’t pointed out to me before engine was fitted.

Apparently they do it to all their engines now, I reckon it’s been refurbed but I can’t prove it.

Frustrating as the old engine was bone dry. All I know is I want photographic evidence during the strip down so I know who’s at fault, if I see someone is to blame and they try and charge me for it or it was the engine suppliers fault I’ll be taking them to a small claims court. It’s that simple now as I fell in being given the run around.

I could take it to someone completely independent but people will argue that I’m not giving one of these garages to correct first.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cars been grounded for 10 days due to a world wide recall due to failing brake servo.

Mercedes mechanic has been out today to check mine and it’s passed. Finally accomplished something right 😂

Quick wash a coat of wax.

3C10D699-A4DB-4135-94E3-51843605F522.jpeg

8F2A7DA0-98F7-45C0-9369-40D076DBAA42.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cars been grounded for 10 days due to a world wide recall due to failing brake servo.

Mercedes mechanic has been out today to check mine and it’s passed. Finally accomplished something right 😂

Quick wash a coat of wax.

View attachment 1595485
View attachment 1595487
We just saw one in the supermarket car park and I said to my son “I was looking for one of them before I got the X5. Would make an awesome tow car. 6 proper seats too, would be really comfy for driving to Spain next year”

Dad, you buy one of those and don’t EVER pick me up from football in it, it’s disgusting. Look at it. Looks like a ssangyong Chinese thing”

😂😂😂

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
We just saw one in the supermarket car park and I said to my son “I was looking for one of them before I got the X5. Would make an awesome tow car. 6 proper seats too, would be really comfy for driving to Spain next year”

Dad, you buy one of those and don’t EVER pick me up from football in it, it’s disgusting. Look at it. Looks like a ssangyong Chinese thing”

😂😂😂

Clearly doesn’t understand practicality 😂

I might get a f**k off sticker for the rear ‘My other car is a 911 Turbo’ 😅

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I remember some proper heffer beast that used to work with me having one of those, telling me it was a mercedes underneath so there was no point in paying more for the Merc. Probably spent the difference on cakes. Dumpy b**ch.

Wikipedia said:
The car was designed by Ken Greenley, former head of the automotive design course at the Royal College of Art in London. The design goal was to capture the essence of a luxury yacht

Few men have failed harder in their endeavours that this.

Although:
Curb weight 2,300 kg (5,100 lb)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is an AWFUL lot of car for the money.
Speaking as an owner of a V8 Merc from that era with Air Suspension, you will need that cost again to maintain it over the course of a year or two. They are frighteningly expensive to maintain.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m sure they were cheaper to run for the first few years than the equivalent diesel, but now they’re old, they cost a fair old whack.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Speaking as an owner of a V8 Merc from that era with Air Suspension, you will need that cost again to maintain it over the course of a year or two. They are frighteningly expensive to maintain.

I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m sure they were cheaper to run for the first few years than the equivalent diesel, but now they’re old, they cost a fair old whack.
Much like owning a Land Rover then :rolleyes: