ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The titanic has docked…

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have they properly driven it? As in, tried to make the light come on?
A garage I used to use would ‘road test’ cars about half a mile round the block at 20-30mph.
Then I go and collect it, as soon as I hit the dual carriage way the EML pings back on… 🤦‍♂️😂

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Have they properly driven it? As in, tried to make the light come on?
A garage I used to use would ‘road test’ cars about half a mile round the block at 20-30mph.
Then I go and collect it, as soon as I hit the dual carriage way the EML pings back on… 🤦‍♂️😂

I said several times it only does it when you boot it, takes seconds to come on once it gets to 3000 rpm. So yes I would think they have but knowing my luck…….

I’ll let the car idle for 10 minutes and I’ll boot it from their garages entrance, will come on instantly if not fixed.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I said several times it only does it when you boot it, takes seconds to come on once it gets to 3000 rpm. So yes I would think they have but knowing my luck…….

I’ll let the car idle for 10 minutes and I’ll boot it from their garages entrance, will come on instantly if not fixed.

Leave a number 11 on the road outside

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Leave a number 11 on the road outside

This is a cruise liner we’re talking about here. Last time someone tried booting something this size, this happened;

1652726848619.jpeg

Arctic 182, GTD
Resetting the adaptions won't do anything because it will already have been done after the engine swap. Plug it wouldn't just give you fault for one bank only.

Hate to say it but sounds more like they've ran out of ideas and hoping you take it to then give them a day to catch up with other work, to then re-schedule you in at a later date.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Resetting the adaptions won't do anything because it will already have been done after the engine swap. Plug it wouldn't just give you fault for one bank only.

Hate to say it but sounds more like they've ran out of ideas and hoping you take it to then give them a day to catch up with other work, to then re-schedule you in at a later date.

Yep very possible but they know I’m going to be on their backs within 10 minutes of leaving and the car will be dumped back on their doorstep.

I did wonder if they have found a fault which they have corrected due to a error in reinstalling the engine but won’t say so blame can’t be placed.

I guess I’ll find out @ 10.30 😂

Shall we have a sweepstake? 🙃😎

Arctic 182, GTD
Yep very possible but they know I’m going to be on their backs within 10 minutes of leaving and the car will be dumped back on their doorstep.

I did wonder if they have found a fault which they have corrected due to a error in reinstalling the engine but won’t say so blame can’t be placed.

I guess I’ll find out @ 10.30 😂

Shall we have a sweepstake? 🙃😎
That is another possibility. I suppose you'll find out in a few hours!

Hope it is sorted though.. Nightmare of a situation either way.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It’s back……

Sorted! They were really good today and apologised for being off (explained but won’t post), collected and went out for a rag and it was perfect. It actually drives much better than when I collected it from Manchester.

He said there were codes stored that my and the RAC guy couldn’t read which may be linked to the loom being unplugged from the high pressure pump which may have caused the issue.

Smashed her all the way home with no problems

9A8AA437-941E-4502-B50B-A0A85AFA21BB.jpeg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
*edited

Pipped by seconds

Glad it's back and running well bud. What's the thing stand you at now then?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
*edited

Pipped by seconds

Glad it's back and running well bud. What's the thing stand you at now then?

About 13k which is now the going rate for one. Tbh i would rather have mine with all the work done which includes oil cooler seals, flapper motors, torque converter rebuild, shocks all round, new tyres all round and so on than pay 13-14k and take a chance knowing what they can cost.

Still need to sort parktronic controller and front Sam unit but I’m going to take them apart first and clean up before pumping another 1k into it.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It’s back……

Sorted! They were really good today and apologised for being off (explained but won’t post), collected and went out for a rag and it was perfect. It actually drives much better than when I collected it from Manchester.

He said there were codes stored that my and the RAC guy couldn’t read which may be linked to the loom being unplugged from the high pressure pump which may have caused the issue.

Smashed her all the way home with no problems

View attachment 1593470

200.gif