ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastic Engine Cover!

Renault Clio 182
I noticed that 172 cups do not have the plastic engine covers that my 182 sport has and my friends 172 sport has! I asked Renault if I could remove it and they said yes as mine rattles under load! I assume that you remove the four black bolts that appear to hold it to the engine? I tried to remove these and I could not even get one of them to budge a mm! Am I doing the right thing and is it okay to actuallt remove the cover from the 182?

VRS
the bolts usually loosen after a bit of driving which in turn makes the cover rattle! u dont need em and some peeps will give you 50 quid for 1 if you sell :D

makavelli said:
the bolts usually loosen after a bit of driving which in turn makes the cover rattle! u dont need em and some peeps will give you 50 quid for 1 if you sell :D

2 true ...........sell it ;)

Turbo Beige
IMO engine looks loads better without it (had mine off since day 1), and you can see the exhaust manifold better with it off.

182 + Cup
PYE21 said:
IMO engine looks loads better without it (had mine off since day 1), and you can see the exhaust manifold better with it off.

Spend my time driving my car, not looking at the exhaust manifold? ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm considering removing this from my 172 as I also get a loud vibration noise under load, although i'm not 100% sure it's coming from the engine bay.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I get a vibrating noise which sounds like it comes from inside of the dash at certain revs, perhaps it's the engine cover.

Ziel Nurburgring
Could be that, or the dreaded exhaust rattle.

Its just engine dress, weighs f**k all and wont make you car louder (???).

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Removal of it will add 2 or 3 bhp due to the better engine cooling. This coupled with the weight saving means a hefty increase in the power to weight ratio.

Steve

Motorbikes
On a similar note.... I've seen pics of cars with a K-Tec engine cover... do K-Tec still sell these? Or should I just spray the the existing one and put a k-tec sticker on it'?

Steve

182 + Cup
steven.m said:
On a similar note.... I've seen pics of cars with a K-Tec engine cover... do K-Tec still sell these? Or should I just spray the the existing one and put a k-tec sticker on it'?

Steve

What difference will either make to your car?