ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastidip

182 FF
This weekend I used plastidip to spray my front and rear diamonds.
Quite happy with the result, but with hindsight I should have gone with lighter coats for a smoother finish.
May peel it off and do it again when weather permits.
I may also have a go at spraying the rear badges too.
Worst case, I prefer them chrome and simply peel it off
:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 91
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
This is of no Interest to this thread but I have to ask? did you use the Spray cans of this? they do a camo one which I want to use on my Paintball Marker, how thick does this stuff come out?

182 FF
This is of no Interest to this thread but I have to ask? did you use the Spray cans of this? they do a camo one which I want to use on my Paintball Marker, how thick does this stuff come out?

Yeah, I used the spray can.
Difficult to describe how thick it comes out. Probably better to say that you can modulate the coverage depending on how close you spray and the speed you move the can across the item being sprayed.
My first go was too close and too slow so it layered on really thick, giving a 'hammerite' finish. I peeled this off and did it again from further away and with quicker movements of the can. Trial and error.

renault clio 182
Used this on my alloys too try it out a while ago and will never use it again!! didn't peel off as easy as it states took me hours and also took the majority of the white paint off that was underneath plus found you can't really clean it either also dirt sticks too it and if you try too clean it off it comes off better just using normal paint IMO