ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Play in inner tie rods?

So a few times garages have mentioned play in the steering rack/inner tie rod joints on my Cup

Now it's all apart on the bench I've put the inner tie rods in the vice and tried moving them, one has maybe a little tiny nock you can just feel but no visual movement, other has no nock at all and no movement.

Should I still replace them?

How much play is "ok"?

I'm starting to wonder if the play was just in the rack itself

Cup In bits
If they flop about and you can easily shift them through the ball joints allowable movement they are well worth replacing, you will never simulate the forces that occur out on the road.

Edit: Think how they work, even if its 0.5mm movement then that is basically like setting your car up with that toe in/out which can be a mega change especially when its swapping toe in/out mid corner.

They are very floppy LOL sounds wrong

Extremely loose - there's no friction on them at all
I did notice on the DCi rack I just bought you have to push them around to move them - they will stay in their position.

I'll get onto renault and order a pair. Cheers again mate :)