ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Play in steering/front wheels

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
There is some play in the front wheels / steering of my car. It is noticeable when driving and you can wiggle the wheels and get around 1-2mm play/movement.

I obviously want it sorting but I also have my MOT due so need it fixed.

Just want a bit of advice on what to replace and where the best place to get the parts from is?

I am thinking start with track rod ends but do you think I should just do the rack ends at the same time?

pricess.jpg

These are what I am thinking of ordering? What do you think?

Also is this something I am going to be able to do on my drive any special tools I need?

Thanks, Will.

j26

Clio 197
i have changed both steering rack ends and track rod ends on mine and it made a huge difference, but after changing them i foundbottom ball joint had play aswell so may be best to get it checked out to see what it deffinatly is.

as for tools no special tools needed just the steering rack ends are a pig to get to, especially the near side.

Lionel Richie
track rods require a special tool (i made my own) bit of a t**t without it

track rod ends aren't too bad

if you have a cup, then the track rods are dealer only

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
i had the same problem. found out it was my track rod ends so got them sorted and now fine....;)

I think this might be where I will start. Its the obvious and prob easiest part to change.

track rods require a special tool (i made my own) bit of a t**t without it

track rod ends aren't too bad

if you have a cup, then the track rods are dealer only

Fred, can you elaborate on the "special tool" please? You think I can get it sorted on my drive with a couple of ramps or axle stands?