ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playing with video and a datalgger

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The benefits of the datalogger are HUGE, wish I'd done this when I had my 172 Cup.

The 'G'-force trace and throttle bar have made me realise I have some bad habits that need fixing; lack of consistency on the brakes, not managing smoothly enough the transition from braking to steering when entering, sawing at the wheel at turn in, random stabbing of the throttle blah blah blah, I have work to do before the next outing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
From seeing you at llandow and your videos you drive very well, I'd be just trying to have as much fun as possible tbh but if squeezing every last bit of talent out of yourself is fun the go for it. It'd be interesting to see just much further you can go wi it :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
...but if squeezing every last bit of talent out of yourself is fun the go for it...

This is what motivates me on track, not to be fast, but to get the maximum out of the car with minimum effort and wear. For that smoothness is everything and watching Llandow footage with these overlays I realise I'm nowhere near as smooth as I thought I was, or more importantly, as I could be.

Looks good enough to me Mark, its all fun :)

Would love a passenger ride next time

Of course, no problem.

172 Race Car
This is what motivates me on track, not to be fast, but to get the maximum out of the car with minimum effort and wear. For that smoothness is everything and watching Llandow footage with these overlays I realise I'm nowhere near as smooth as I thought I was, or more importantly, as I could be.
Thats what me and Tony tell people. Ragged, wheel spinning, sideways, wheel sawing looks fast but isnt. Too many people try to force the car to go quickly. Just let it do its thing and it will