ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please advise

clio sport
i have a 2006 clio sport 2l 16v i have messed up my engine. Engine code is F4R 738 having a hard time finding a replacement. please advise if i can replace it with any other f type engine should i need to

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You can replace it with the earlier F4R736 but you will need the 172 inlet manifold & breather pipes

Or you'd have to swap the head (if yours is alright) onto the 172 bottom end as the breathers are different

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Isn't 738 the code for the 182 engine?

Must be loads of those knocking around?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
i have a 2006 clio sport 2l 16v i have messed up my engine. Engine code is F4R 738 having a hard time finding a replacement. please advise if i can replace it with any other f type engine should i need to

As above. I have a complete 182 engine for sale. Please view in the for sale section or PM me for details 👍

clio sport
Guys an update on my situation ,, i have someone selling a F4R 732 engine will this make for a straight swop for the F4R 738 or will i encounter problems