ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please comment on my ICE - 172mk2

Laguna

What do you guys think to my install in my 04 172, I wanted it all to come out easy in the boot and be fairly light weight.

I have the kenword headunit with a cd changer under the passenger seat, A genesis profile 4 amp running the Boston RC520 Rally front componants with the crossovers hidden behind the speedo lol. Then I have the Genesis profile Sub amp running the JLW6 10" in the JL enclosure. I really think it sounds spot on as I went for SQ rather than SPL. Please be honest on what u think guys, im fairly new to the site so any questions ask away.

URL]

URL]

URL]

Oh yeah, i also upgraded my Alarm, gone with a Clifford 600 with remote start etc (That was fun getting to work lol), does anyone have any idea of how to get the window wind ups working as i am stuggling due to the wiring setup on the clio? Been told its not possible???

Laguna

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 12 May 2004

If you have smart windows then its possible.
Well smart windows is another part of the clifford setup, but my guessing is that that wont work either as it follows the same idea as the full closure on the alarm. I dunno well confusing when looking at it at the time, as the negative does appear like normal (if that makes sense) it changes on up/down, very strange, its smart stuff from renault. But it messes with ur head!! lol

Laguna

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 12 May 2004

Like a reversed circuit?
Yeah kinda which i thought I could use a relay to get round but apparently thats not possible either. Im not gonna pretend im mega at electrics cos i aint. Any ideas or should i just get my head round the fact that it would be too much arse ache to bother?lol

Mr2 Roadster

Clio172 boy, I have no idea off the top of my head, would need a wiring diagram as Im not too sh*t hot either. There must be a way though...

Without having a look I couldnt tell you how to do it, but it wont be impossible, may involve some electronics, who told you it was impossible, its probably just difficult!

It ISNT impossible, you have to buy an extra module which for my last Clio (dynamique) I paid £50 extra. This was on a TOAD alarm but it works with all as its a general module. Ill see if i can dig out the information.

It definately can be done though

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

looks a nice settup but loose the grille on the w6 they look much nicer without the grille, apart from that very nice, would of personnally chose a diff headunit, but the rest is spot on lol

I had a clifford concept 300 and that was capable of total closure.

I would imagine that the 600 if well capable therefore.

Sorry but i didnt install so cant help with any info