ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please help 16v running to rich

Golf 1.8T & Clio 1.8 16v
hello people im new to this website, ive just got myself a 16v which needed abit of tlc and 1 of the problems it has was it would idle at 1500rpm it would still drive ok but coming to an mot so i decided to look into why and found a power boost valve and im not a lover of them as petrols to high anyways so i ripped it off and now my problem is it sounds like its running on 3 cylinders and can hear the air filter sucking loads of air in i think its overfulein can anybody help please i just dont know where to start thanks lot

P.S great site you have here :cool:

Golf 1.8T & Clio 1.8 16v
well when i took the valve off i forgot to mention that one of the fuel hoses and pressure valves were on the wrong way so the fuel was going in the intake manifold and coming out the carb so i fixed that and it ran thats when i got the missfire could it just be that its burning the excess fuel or is it something to do with it sucking in to much air???

thanks for your help