ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help A Muppet.

Swift Sport
My mate burned some video-camera clips onto a DVD and when I go to view them it says...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

What do I do!?

Swift Sport
Okay cheers, do I just Google search VLC and will I be able to edit these clips in Windows Movie Maker?

Swift Sport
Point taken, but I'm halfway through an edit and could do with the clips off this DVD to finish it off. Am I screwed?

clio 197 cup
all vlc will do is play the clips i believe. not sure how you'd edit them maybe some kind of conversion program.

Swift Sport
I've got Quicktime (I think).

EDIT- Yes, I've got Quicktime Player. I need to be able to view them via Windows Movie Maker.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
VLC does convert file type, I'm not sure how well it transcodes though, and it's fairly limited, IIRC

Mk2 ph1 clio
You can get free video converters on the web that will be able to help you out if you really need to use windows movie maker.

If this is a regular thing i agree with whoever said use sony vegas, it plays and allows you to edit pretty much any file!

Swift Sport
Cheers Geordie, I'm useless with software. I just need a simple program or technique so that I can edit a Quicktime clip in Windows Movie Maker.

Mk2 ph1 clio
IIRC the program i used was called handbrake not sure if its 100% now though!

Sony vegas is very simple once you get the hang of the basics! Im using Sony vegas 10 HD ready for buying my HD PVR :D