ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Clio 2002
I followed the guide and cleaned my throttle body today all was well. I put it all back together and it wouldn't start. Turns over fine.

It it seems as though iv accidentally pulled out a green and a white wire from somewhere under neath the airfilter intake? At least that's where I think it's come from!

to add the silver but off the end of the even wire has just snapped off. Great.

Any my help much appreciated

clio 1.2 16v

I followed the guide and cleaned my throttle body today all was well. I put it all back together and it wouldn't start. Turns over fine.

It it seems as though iv accidentally pulled out a green and a white wire from somewhere under neath the airfilter intake? At least that's where I think it's come from!

to add the silver but off the end of the even wire has just snapped off. Great.

Any my help much appreciated

clio 1.2 16v

I have very little knowledge but have you checked your fuses? ignition fuse?

Clio Sport Rep
Is it this your having the problem with??

2013-09-28-14-21-52_deco_zps42d8785b.jpg
2013-09-28-14-22-41_deco_zps0ac9457a.jpg

Cup In bits
If you have pulled out the crankshaft sensor wiring it will never start, the ecu won't know the engine is turning over.

By the new modified sensor and plug and fit that, save you trying to find the right terminals. Parts are circa £26 from Remault.

Clio 2002
It's the 2 wires going into the crank shaft plug. Is there any way I can just plug these 2 back into the socket? It's a real struggle to get to it in order to actually put pressure onto the plug to push it in

Cup In bits
Common sense really, I don't know what you have been left with condition wise.

Remove the air filter box for best access first. Yes it's two wires (green and white) that comes out of that rubber covered loom you have pictured, take the plug off the sensor you have pictured (CPS crank position sensor) and see if its possible to put the wires back in the plug.

My guess is you won't manage to get the wires into the plug again due to the one use crimps hence my above comment about killing two birds with one stone and getting the modified sensor. It won't be long before that one fails, I done 5 between my sis and mums car over circa 5 years.

Clio 2002
image.jpg
This is what iv found after reconnecting everything after cleaning the throttle body. I never removed this so I must have pulled out accidentally. Are we talking about the crank shaft sensor here? If so should there be a plug on the end of them two wires?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 49
  Clio 2002
Ok. Thanks guys I need to get this done by Monday morning!

Ok ok I need to find out what the issue is

so far

its not the Immobiliser problem
the car turns over perfectly just there is no start

What could it be?

I only unplugged things relevant to the cleaning guide on the forum.

Lionel Richie
if the crank sensor isn't plugged in (the 2 wires you've ripped out of the connector!) you ain't going anywhere!

Clio 2002
Right. Is the green n white wires I am holding in my hand in the picture above with the red bit in the end the crank shaft sensor?

Clio 2002
Ok cool. Should there be a connector on the end of these 2 wires? If so how how do I put them back so it will start again.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
IN.PLAIN.SIMPLE.ENGLISH

take the crank sensor off ( held on with two 10 mm bolts )
try re attach the wires back onto the two pins inside the sensor.

if all else fails, order the revised loom and sensor from renault and fit it. (you might not be able to wire it in as you cannot follow what anyone says! )

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
As everyone else has said. Reconnect the wires to the sensor. If you can't follow this simple information, then get someone that can to do it.

Cup In bits
Even more so because of:
to add the silver but off the end of the even wire has just snapped off.

Is it just me that has to read things like this really slowly?

Slowly, backwards, upside down...... I still can't make sense of it.

Clio 2002
got it fixed, thanks to the guys who genuinely helped me out, not so much to the moronic know it all types we seem to have on CS forum

cheers

Clio 2002
lol

the crank shaft sensor plug actually snapped off from the soldered connector. its really fiddly to be honest but we got there

197ff, 172
Oh rite.....it was the crank sensor....it was really fiddly....who knew? Just as well you didn't listen to the know it all morons.