ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE HELP!! Red light in dash stays lit and car wont start

Clio 172
Ive already posted but got nowhere long story short put jump leads on wrong way and gained this fault. its had a new battery the new ecu uch key kit and still no joy im at my wits end with it now me and my friend been trying everything all night all fuses and relays seem fine just like its immobilized no spark and no fuel pump, ive also tried over riding the immobilizer and it beeped as it said but still no joy, is there anything else common i can look for any help would be appreciated thanks john :S

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Did you put the leads on the wrong way also?

If not, check the earths, 1 at the bell housing 1 gearbox to chassis and one from battery negative.

what leads can you put on wrong? and yeah i have put the earth strap on, the one from the starter to the gearbox, and the battery one i can never forget to put on.. i have even added an earth from the inlet manifold to the bulkhead to head it out bit,

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I had this the other week and it was the ECU not connected properly if you try that first then see if clip software will connect to see what the issue is