ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

please help revs fall & engines cuts off

Clio 172 Phase 1
Renualt Clio Sport 172 Phase 1 (W Redge)

My engine starts but then the revs fall and the engine cuts off unless I keep my foot on the accelerator. HELP

Weird thing is this doesn't happen all the time...Most times the car will start fine and run fine...its as if the choke hasn't kicked in

Although it did happen again today and couldn't get the car to start up with the revs dropping until it cut out...I decided to drive it home on the motorway...20 mins driving the car was running fine and the rev counting wasn't dropping all the way.

HELP

Took the car to a garage about to weeks ago and the charged me 40 quid to put it on a scanner for electrical faults...They said everything was fine although the car did seem to be running fine that morning when I took it up to the garage

Thought it could be an electrical fault because the came sometimes over revs a lil.....This has happened on both my citroen saxo's i have owned....it turned out the problem was a sensor under the engine bay which just got covered in dirt over time (badly placed in my eyes). It just meant replacing the sensor for a few quid or even sometimes just giving it a clean worked

I really have no idea what is wrong with my Clio....it could just be something simple like changing my spark plugs as I haven't done that since I have owned the car.

Can some please help me

Any help or advice will be appreciated

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Clean IACV and Throttle Body - Done

Just make sure you don't lose the seal for the IACV and that it goes back in right other wise the engine will race due to a leak.

Mick

Clio Sport 172
I have the same sort of thing. When not fully warmed up the engine revs drop too far and it cuts out. No stored codes in the ECM. Usually happens when shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Clio RS 2 ph1
mine started to do this to this morning. I was waiting for the traffic lights and my engine cuts off. Started, drove for 5miles and while I was parking it cuts off again. When I came back from work she was fine, no problems.

and yes, my cambelt was changed recently, what can be the problem then?