ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please make my car quieter

Clio 182
Hi all

I have a Yozza exhaust with de-cat, I needed an exhaust and was going to the Nurburgring so went for it. Loved it at first and sounded/performed great on the ring...

But using it as an everyday car now and my ears are bleeding, if anyone can recommend a Cat which also reduces the noise to the max I'd appreciate it? I appreciate any cat will reduce the noise but I need it as quiet as poss.

Cheers in advance, any links would be great

Leam

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
A standard cat will take the edge off but at 70mph everything will still be soaked in noise. You'll need to fit a silencer to make it much quieter.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
standard cat (not a restriction until you've tuned the engine quite a bit) and any other exhaust in existence and it will be a lot quieter

Clio 182
I know what you mean but I don't want the hassle and costs of replacing the whole exhaust, I really like it but want a toned down version...prob no such thing as having best of both worlds with it.
Standard Cat with Silencer. Understood. Hopefully we're not taking too much money.

I've just got hold of a middle box for mine to try and shut it up but have a sports cat on their so ill maybe change to a std cat as well if its still too noisy. Hopefully start it tomorrow so ill let you know how it goes.