ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please please help me

Clio 1.4 expression
I have an 03 1.4 clio expression, and it's doing my head in.
Sometimes the car will just not start th immobilisor light just constantly flashes and will not disarm causing he car not to start. smetimes it won't start for a couple of days.
I have used both keys, disconnecting the battery tried everything everyone has recomended but still can't solve the problem.
Renault have said there is no problem but there obviously is as theres loadds if complainyts about it on the internet.
If anyone can shed any light i would be sooo greatful.

Thanks
(Sorry about the bad typing someone spilt beer on the keyboard!!!!)

Renault Clio Extreme 16v
I had this problem soon as i bought my 02 extreme. Stopped off at my nana's on the way home from buying it, went to get back in and start and nothing happened.

Rang the dealer and he said must be the immobiliser, try turning the wheel etc.

No luck.

Rang the AA, they came out and had a look, it was the clip connecting to the starter motor, tiny little thing. cleaned that up, pushed it back on and it was fine.

The AA man said he'd dealt with about 10 clio's in the past few month's with this problem.

Try checking that mate, its the little clip on the starter motor and the front of the engine, next to the grill i think.