ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pls help with with Alloys

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Hi All,

Got my 172 a fortnight ago with standard alloys. I have a bit of money spare so I would like to get some new, decent value alloys.

However I've never bought new alloys for a car, can anyone tell me what details/spec I need to go for other than the obvious - 4 studs. Do I need any adaptors/spigot rings or something etc

I see a lot of people on here have 16" wheels, but I think if I want to have a slimline tyre look I am going to have to go to 17". Are 17"s ok, due the rub or make the ride much different? Why do most seem to have 16"s

I'm wanting to go for anthracite or a gunmetal colour to go on my Silver 172.

not sure what looks good so would be great to see anyones pictures too.

Thanks in advance

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Yep I've seen those on that link but its the other end of the country to me.

I wont be lowering my car

4x100 35 to 42 60.1

I'm pretty new with tyres and alloys specs so can you explain what you mean?

Thanks

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
its quiet on here today

tumbleweed2.gif

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I'd stick to 16's myself.
If you don't lower it and go for 40 section tyres it might ride a bit too high.
I've gone the other way and gone to 15's for cheaper tyres!

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
I'd stick to 16's myself.
I've gone the other way and gone to 15's for cheaper tyres!

I dont really want 16" I like wheels with slimline tyres and the less like bus tyres the better (I know this means expensive tyres). I'm guessing I couldnt buy a different profile tyre to change the ride from "a bit too high"

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
4x100 35 to 42 60.1

Can anyone explain what the "35 to 42 60.1" means?

Can anyone comment on what the car would look like with 17" on and not lowered, would it look daft? does anyone have a picture of what this might look like?

Clio 182
35 to 42 is the offset off the wheel this is where the outside of the wheel needs to be in relation to the bodyline of the vehicle,

60.1 is the bore size the centerbore of a wheel is the size of the machined hole on the back of the wheel that centers the wheel properly on the hub of the car.

4x100 is the stud pattern 4 stud's 100mm apart

hope this helps you good luck with the wheels :)