ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS Carbon shifter problems

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Fitted a carbon sleeve and lower nut to my old style PMS shifter. Annoyingly now it wont go into reverse properly as the lower nut seems to hit the top of the bearing? Its machined differently so the hex is in the centre rather than at the top.

Is it as simple as swapping over the lower nut to the old one? Anyone else experienced this?

It just pops out of reverse now. 🙄

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Swapped mine for carbon, all worked fine but it was a lot noisier and didn't feel as good so I went back the galvanized one.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Think I've sorted it. New nut has the hex in the centre, old had it at the top.

20220422_201241.jpg

Screenshot_20220422-201804_Chrome.jpg

This means when you go into reverse it actually digs into the top of the tower where the bearing sits.
I've swapped over the nut with the old one and the gear changes seem smooth again. Weird a new nuts provided anyway as it's not needed?

Hopefully not caused any damage popping out of reverse...

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
New nut is just to match the colour really fitted this to both my shifters without issue though