ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Point n Shoot vs DSLR

SchwepTek™
Are there any small/light point n shoot cams out there that have similar features to DSLRs.

I need something small for travelling whilst working offshore and dont think my Canon 500D is really the right thing so thinking of selling for something smaller.

Any examples would be great but the majority of my photography is going to be landscapes/points of interest and also lots of photos of cars! Can point and shoots do panning shots like DSLRs? (Shutter speed adjustment)

Oil Burner
Most Bridge Cameras will have the majority of basic DSLR settings. Certainly the Panasonic and Samsung bridge cameras were still pretty compact with a fair amount of optical zoom.

All you need to do panning shots is a camera with a TV setting, which i think the majority of them do.

3 Series touring
go for a 4/3 or micro 4/3 camera like the the olympus eXXX series, small as :) and the glass that comes as standard is amazing quality, not a massive size either, great for travelling!

had mine for 6 months now and still love it, looking to upgrade soon though :)

Panasonic GF1. Some of the pics I have seen from the camera are amazing!

Or buy my E-620 and pancake lens lol. ;)