ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Point & Shoot

Revels Mum & Sister
I am off to the states next week. I want to get a point and shoot. Will be taking the D80 but want a point and shoot as well

Not looked into these for ages. Looking to spedn around £150-175 squids?

Revels Mum & Sister
I used to have a Sony N1 it was a good camera. I was thinking of a cybershot. Have you used one DK?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I used to have a Sony N1 it was a good camera. I was thinking of a cybershot. Have you used one DK?
i have a t series and my brother has a W series, both very good although my t series is a few years old now and they have all this fancy steady shot and focusing on multiple faces etc so i think the w series is the best now.

They have lovely big screens that fil the back of the camera.

I sometimes still use them instead of lugging the 350 around although even my phone has a 5mp camera these days!

Revels Mum & Sister
My old man recently bought a Panasonic DMC-TZ3. Since he bought his they've come down loads in price. Having a 10x optical zoom makes it useful in any situation. He's taken some great pics with it, and when printed out they look as good as those taken on his old Olympus film camera.

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product1.asp?ProductID=2898&gclid=CMKu8LPk_pMCFQ4YQgodMST2Vw

Bit on the large size tbh. Looks spot on. But the Sonys look quite appealing

Will have a read. Need to see some in the flesh!

Lee

BMW M2C
My old man recently bought a Panasonic DMC-TZ3. Since he bought his they've come down loads in price. Having a 10x optical zoom makes it useful in any situation. He's taken some great pics with it, and when printed out they look as good as those taken on his old Olympus film camera.

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product1.asp?ProductID=2898&gclid=CMKu8LPk_pMCFQ4YQgodMST2Vw

Bit on the large size tbh. Looks spot on. But the Sonys look quite appealing

Will have a read. Need to see some in the flesh!

It's pretty small really. It has to be a little bigger to have the 10x optical zoom, but that's been really worth it so far. If you don't need that sort of zoom then you may as well get something smaller.

Revels Mum & Sister
TBH I think it would be wasted more a "on the piss" camera and few cheeky evening snaps.

Missus saw the T2 in that Green colour, can fook off though its lik £269.00 LOL. I havent told her I am getting another Sigma 10-20 for the D80 ;) LOL

W series look pretty good. Might pop into town tomorrow and have a look at the one you mentioned and the Sony

TBH I think it would be wasted more a "on the piss" camera and few cheeky evening snaps.

Missus saw the T2 in that Green colour, can fook off though its lik £269.00 LOL. I havent told her I am getting another Sigma 10-20 for the D80 ;) LOL

W series look pretty good. Might pop into town tomorrow and have a look at the one you mentioned and the Sony

you wont be dissapointed in a W series, the mrs has had one about 18 months and its brilliant, so i ordered one. W130. missed delivery yesterday so its coming again tomorrow. new toy! :D will put some pics up soon as i can.

A4 Avant
I took a Casio Elixm sking last year and the photos came out brilliantly. Can't remember the model No. but it was orange and worked well with the bright white of the slopes and the darkness of the night life. Also very small and could fit in my jacket pocket and not know it was there.

Also had a Canon powershot A510 and was impressed with that for a point and shoot. Both were around the £150 mark when I bought them