ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

police doing my head 182

Yesterday i was driving home from the gym at 845pm and was pulled by the police for driving in really bad weather conditions with my fog lamps on after being questions and questions who what where why al about the 182 they finally fined me 30 notes (ford st 24 mon est) police man and women all i got from the woman was that she couldnt afford the car i am drive so!!!

Today fealing 30 notes lighter i was followed for a mile i then i pulled up as he was starting to do my head in! i got out the car look at them (3 police men in focus est) then they drove off......

Live in Nottingham area what you all think!!!!!!!!

:(Cheers P

forgot to add i have a clean licence had 9 cars before i asked the question why pull me and i was told we are pulling anyone for anything

im aware it wasnt foggy just a bad night! and i understand i shouldnt have had them on but there just doing my head in! im 23 almost 24 yesterday i had casual gear on and tonight a suit!

Its a fineable offence to drive with your foglights on when the visibility is not less than 100m due to FOG.

Its also irritating to all other road users.

Havent you just answered your own question then? "Im aware it wasnt foggy.........i shouldnt have had them on"

Case closed in my eyes?

Ford Fiesta

Ive never given someone a fine for fogs, usually advice only.

(to be honest the fogs on a lot of cars, including clios arnt too bad. They dont annoy me when they are driving behind me. The rears are much worse. But its having them on thats the offence not annoying other road users)

Quote: Originally posted by ChrisM on 31 March 2005

Its a fineable offence to drive with your foglights on when the visibility is not less than 100m due to FOG.

Its also irritating to all other road users.

end of really

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 31 March 2005

Ive never given someone a fine for fogs, usually advice only.

(to be honest the fogs on a lot of cars, including clios arnt too bad. They dont annoy me when they are driving behind me. The rears are much worse. But its having them on thats the offence not annoying other road users)
perhaps he failed the attitude test ;)

yup agree. cant understand y people drive with fog when it aint foggy. the only time i ever do it is (as i live in the new forest) down some of the little lanes at night as it gives a wider spread to see any animals, which is understandable i think

307 hdi (powered by derv)

coz they would of heard your reg over the radio last night so they were following to make sure you wasnt doing anything else wrong.

know wot u mean mate, police can be arseholes when they want to be. unfortunately there is nothing you or I can do about it.

Quote: Originally posted by clioman on 31 March 2005

coz they would of heard your reg over the radio last night so they were following to make sure you wasnt doing anything else wrong.
i sort of doubt that

Quote: Originally posted by harv172 on 31 March 2005

know wot u mean mate, police can be arseholes when they want to be. unfortunately there is nothing you or I can do about it.
er anyone can be an areshole !!!, if he hadnt had his fogs on he would have been ok

thing is though i understand we all have do a job. i think the 30 pound fine was a bit much really! i asked what the fine would be spent on i was told road sufaces i thing lol

Wouldnt mind if hed pulled me for something serious like no seatbelt or tyres shot it! I would have learnt my lesson just the same by being told off!

Funny how they never checked the car! just moaned they couldnt afford one and went on about if i got a good deal when i said im sure where not hear to discuss if i got a good deal i was told just making the time of day what ever!

30 fine just makes me hate them!!

Ive had a few probs with the old bill in the Notts area as well, im always getting stopped and checked, even though im obeying the law.

Theres so much variation with Police. Particularly when I had my Williams, I was followed regulalrly by traffic Police, but never pulled over. Theyd accerelerate up really close, presumably check my data/see if I panicked - and then back off. I got used to it and havent had it since selling what was an eye-catching car with gold wheels.

On the other hand, my friend with an S2000 was pulled over after Police followed him discreetly doing well over 100mph over many miles. He couldnt see them due to the soft-tops plastic window - and didnt notice them! When they pulled him over, the senior of the two let him off... to the annoyance of the junior officer who really wanted to do him! :eek: I cant believe it either!

Goes to show that Police have a lot of discretion and that how you act with them makes all the difference.

Quote: Originally posted by a17tav on 31 March 2005
he wrote the ticket before i said anything!

shoulda said tw*t! to him then! his mind was obviously made up already - lol

So you are angry with the police for giving you a ticket for a fineable offence? Pardon me if i find it hard to understand! The fact the police are following you may just be an act of coincidence or they wanna catch you again. Dont do it again, and quit bellyaching!

its was laughable him saying he was just passing the time of day

and hes partner saying she couldnt afford one cause it was out of her price range that was the best yet!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Im not having a go m8, as clearly I wasnt there, but unless youre really unlucky, I cant see the police pulling you over for no reason. In 13 years, Ive been pulled over once (like you, for having my front fogs on) and Im hardly Mr. Perfect Halo as a driver.

Were you being irratic - not indicating, changing lanes at the last minute, etc?

D.

i understand that last night was a one off as i to has been driving for 7 years with no prob but not far from where i live there is to police cars one that pulled me yesterday and the one that followed me for 1 mile striaght sat be hind me for couple of min as i parked then drove off

Mate,

Not a fan of people driving round with fog lights on when it aint foggy. However Notts coppers are a unforgiving lot. As I have found out on many a occassion:D

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 31 March 2005

er anyone can be an areshole !!!, if he hadnt had his fogs on he would have been ok

r u a police man or something, so wot he had his fogs on, hed just come from bad weather he said. police take the piss full stop.

oh some of the people make me laugh

complain about the police all day, then as soon as their car is damaged/stolen, who do they call? the police

grow up people, they are doing their job, you broke the law, accept the punishment

A17TAV - in all honesty, id say they pulled you to advise you, you failed the attitude test, which most cops act upon, they decided you were too much of an idiot for their liking, therefore gave you the fine, as you have already admitted, it wasnt foggy, therefore you know you broke the law, end of.

as for getting pulled in succession, its quite common, but most of the time its down to driver habits, which is why i think they were tailing you, although you were at 27mph, you were probably appearing to be too cautious, therefore something suspicous about the driving, anyone else would have just continued to drive lke they usually do

r u a police man or something, so wot he had his fogs on, hed just come from bad weather he said. police take the piss full stop.

whats my job got to do with anything ??, you say bad weather !!i live in nottingham and on the day mentioned there was no fog, or bad weather for that matter.

to say all police take the piss is just b****cks, it like saying all 172 owners are w**kers

Astra VXR 17/05/07

He didnt say he came from bad weather,he said it was a bad night and admits it wasnt foggy,therefore you saying so what he had his fog lights on is nonsense....fog lights are for...errr...fog,full stop.

By the sounds of it the Police acted within the law by pulling him and it was HIM taking the piss driving about with his fog lights on when by his own admission it wasnt foggy.

The Police did right,there are to many numpties driving about with fog lights on.That comment is in general by the way and not aimed at any individual.The question for these who do it is...Why ?????? :sick:

anyway i learnt my lesson cheers for your comment just hope they leave me alone from now on ill cruise at 27/28mph from now on!

cheers P