ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polishing

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

got a metallic black rt, i polished it today when it was dull weather, and as always it has gone all streaky, can anyone please give me some advice.

hi there freebone, sorry to here that you have a problem with getting a deep wet look sgine to your car without getting smearing in the paint finsh .what products are you using and what cloths do you use to apply the product and take off the product?please feel free to call me on 07770537697 and may be i can talk you through on detailing your car to a concours shine .martin

172 Cup

just to get this right. you are suposed to polish your car maybe twice a year? and every month give it a coat of wax? does that sound about right? also you are no supposed to apply this in circles?

Thanks

Paul

depends which products you are using and how the car is used and abused.you need to clay the car at least once a year to keep the surface clean and smooth.polish the car when the car has scratches or marks in the paint .otherwise you can use a good cleaner wax then top with a wax of your choice.you can apply wax as often as you like it just depends on how deep a shine you want on your car.with zymol they recommend that you apply the product in straight lines ie the hd cleanse.but you can use it in a circle motion and works just aswell.i use the mothers range which recommends a circle motion to massage in to the paint work.as long as you have no contamination on your cloth you will not induce swirls into the paint.to take off the product use a microfibre cloth and follow the lines of the car ie bonnet roof go from front to back and the sides of the car buff the car with an up and down motion the light will reflect better on the wax .hope this is of some help. ihope to be going to the french car show at the end of the month so any probs come and see me there and i will show you what and how its done.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

sorry i havent replied i have been real busy at work, i use a simple turtle wax wash and wax to wash it, i then chamoix it off and then use mer to polish it, i usually use a bit of old t shirt to put the mer on and then use a microfibre polishing cloth to take it off, if you could recommend a step by step guide and best products to use that would be great mate.

cheers for the advice so far topshopvaleting.

hi there Freebone sorry for the delay in replying,was busy over the weekend detailing a porsche 928s4 for a show at beaulieu motor museum.

what you need to be doing is washing the car then clay the car.this will get the paint work really clean it should if done properly feel like silk.then polish the car to get marks out of the paint work and old waxes .then applie a good sealer and glaze then top off with a good wax carnauba.i applie all my products with cotton wool its cheap and you should get no chance of scratching the paint work.then remove with a good microfiber cloth.then when you come to clean the car next time just wash then wax.

the products i use on a day to day basis is Mothers.for anymore information and for more indepth detailing of a car as i have said before please call me as i can go more in depth with you on how to make the car look WOW:cool:

freebone your best chance of getting me is on the mobile as that is on 24/7 subject to signal and is with me all the time.

paul ,clay has been around in the bodyshop side of the industry for a long time it was used to get rid of overspray.but it will also get rid of railway line fallout and anything else which comes in contact with your paint work.the clay bar looks like blu tac but has a very fine cut in agent in it which shaves the contaminates off your paint when you rub it over the paint.this will give you paint finish the ultimate finish if done properly.to find out if you need to clay your car run your hands over the clean paint work it should feel smooth to the touch.then get the plastic which cigarette packits come in place your fingers in side of the wrapper then feel the piant through the plastic.if clean will feel smooth if not it will feel like sandpaper then you need to clay the car.hope this is of some help to you guys

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

topshot you seem to know your stuff, i have done loads of reading up in the past and im currently using meguairs, i was using there soft gel shampoo, really like this stuff, cleans well, and is nice and soft and after washing the car, my hand feel extremly clean and like crisp if u get what i mean, i always was from the top down etc, and will do the roof, then glass, then bonnet and boot, then moove on to the doors, etc, i then rinse with a hose, and use a chamoise and flexiblade thing to get the water off, on to waxing etc, i use the meguiars 3 stage polish thing, use part 1 and 2, which is essentialy a polish, and a glaze, then i use the gold class wax, all the time using pads and microfiber towels.

im interested in this mothers stuff as i have herd lots of good stuff about it, any tips on things to do, after i have washed i do the mist with water and whipe etc, also have left wax on overnight, and got up early and got it off, do u have a suppliers where you get your stuff from, or a online shop u recomend?? as im interested in claying my car, would it be possible for you to do a clio sport guide ?? we could get it pinned up then, as i would be interested in what you suggest, i have thought about the zymol starter kits etc, but been put off by the price/bad reports i have heard about it... swissol i think it is also looks like a good product..

Hello folks, any ideas on this...

My car has been sat outside my sisters house for 2 years, I washed it yesterday for the first time in ages. The roof is now covered in little browny black bumpy bits which I guess are tree sap.

Ive tried to polish them out, and I have used a bug and tar remover that claims to remove tree sap. They do come off, but it takes a serious amount of effort, and this stuff is all over the roof.

What would be the best thing for this? The car is Monaco Blue, which I believe has a slight pearl in it.

Also, it has lost its shine and needs a damn good polish. What product do you suggest? Im not looking for a quick fix, (Im prepared to put some effort into it!) I just want it to gleam again!

Cheers!

Chris.

sorry guys been busy the last few days had a ferrari f40 to do for one of my customers worked through the night to get it done also they had a enzo there aswell.

you can get mothers from http://www.crystalclean.ltd.ukwww.crystalclean.ltd.uk where you can get the clay bar kit for £18.49 which has the yellow clay bar in it which looks and works as good as the zymol clay bar which retails only to zymol detailers for £70 .

all i can say about meguires is try cleaning a car in winter with it and also through summer and look at cars cleaned with meguires they never have the depth and wet look shine to them which zymol and mothers can get and feel the difference between mothers and zymol and then you will see why i stopped being a zymol detailer.

martin