ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poll : Which 182 Blue

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

difficult but id go for arctic cos it shines up a good un

although the racing does stand out alot

nope actaully i dont know! lol

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Artic blue is cominh imho, its like a silver mk1 V6/172, almost every one has one

Yaris Hybrid

Go see a racing blue in the flesh. In real life it actually looks closer to the above photo of an arctic blue than it does to the racing blue!

In fact that artic blue photo is perhaps the best photo of a racing blue that I have ever seen!!!!

Racing blue all the way for me.

VaVa

lol.... Only Arctic owners thus far. I love the Arctic Blue, but its very similar to the Cup, and quite a few other cars I see out and about are metallic blue. Racing Blue is stunning, but like Loony, I wonder if it will become dated very quickly.....

:confused:

Toypop- First vote for Racing Blue?!! What about stripes?

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 08 December 2004 at 7:41pm]

Yaris Hybrid

Racing blue is like British racing green and that red colour of Ferraris. They are timeless colours.

As Ive placed my order for Racing Blue with stripe......... So Id have to say Racing Blue! With stripes! Ave It!!!

get racing blue thats what i have and love it i did not know what to go for but you should see the looks u get in a racing blue 182 with both cup packs

If you want to be look at and like attention go for the racing blue!
If you get fed up easy dont go for stripes!

Vee dub

Racing blue for me!

Plus Stripes! :D

(only just realised the Lovely lighter blue was called racing - I have been calling it Arctic :confused:)

So... Racing all the way!

VaVa

6 Artic

5 Racing (2 with stripes)

Bugger. Hardly conclusive. Even my missud cant make up her mind. Although she calls the Racing Blue Baby Blue which puts me off a little!!:oops:

only way to decide mate is go and see them both in the flesh, see what you think then, still say racing blue though ;)

closest i can describe racing is like the powder blue on fiat coupe turbos and the arctic is similar to cup blue but deeper and darker.

VaVa

Ive seen Artic on the flesh, there are two in the town where I work. The one I see every day is always f**king filthy so i cant really tell much about the colour!! Deffo looks darker than the Cup blue..

Never seen a Racing Blue one. To make matters worse no two pictures Ive seen of it look athe same!!

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 08 December 2004
lol.... Only Arctic owners thus far.

lol no....I decided on Black when i ordered mine on sat!

Decision was between Artcic and Black gold tho.... There was a Racing blue cup in the showroom, Colour looked alot differnet to what it is in Pictures, but not for me.

Very strangely, Arctic Blue is not shown anymore in the Clio brochure. I have an origional brochure from when I ordered the car in Feb with Arctic Blue in, and I picked a new one up when I was having the car serviced in September.

The newer brochure does not mention the stiff sidewalls on the cup pack and there is no longer an Arctic Blue in the colours.

Anyone ordered one recently??

PS Got to be Racing Blue anyway!!

[Edited by welsh182 on 08 December 2004 at 8:19pm]

How come the racing blue with stripes in the picture has colour coded fog light surrounds.
That looks so much better than standard black, BTW that silver with stripes looks good.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 08 December 2004

How come the racing blue with stripes in the picture has colour coded fog light surrounds.
That looks so much better than standard black, BTW that silver with stripes looks good.
after market spray job...

Ok sorry I couldnt get the page straight (no jokes) but below is scan of up to date Renault Catalogue, sent last week.

Is it just me or does arctic look darker then racing?

Presuming were right with the original post, and I think we are... my fave is Arctic Blue J41, but Id like to see it with optional Metalic paint (cost £300 apparantly!)

Arctic Blue mate. It may be the most common but there is a reason for that............its the best........and fastest colour ; )

PS not biased at all!

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by welsh182 on 08 December 2004Very strangely, Arctic Blue is not shown anymore in the Clio brochure. I have an origional brochure from when I ordered the car in Feb with Arctic Blue in, and I picked a new one up when I was having the car serviced in September.The newer brochure does not mention the stiff sidewalls on the cup pack and there is no longer an Arctic Blue in the colours.Anyone ordered one recently??PS Got to be Racing Blue anyway!!

Picked up the latest brochure on sat when i was at the dealer.

Racing blue
Black Gold
Titanium
Artic Blue
Inferno

Petrol blue
Liquid Yellow

dk

911 GTS Cab

for me it was and still would be today the obvious colour, it really does get nearly as much attention as a Clio V6 and its only a 182. Having had it for 9 months now it is still getting the same attention as when i first had it and i get pointing and smiles EVERY time i drive it.

It stands out as the 182, no other renaultsport has a colour like it but the other 3 can be mistaken for 172s!

Before you make a decision, you HAVE to see racing in the flesh to appreciate its glory, it really isnt baby blue.

the best match to it is the solid blue on the fiats, punto and coupe etc.

http://www.ukcar.com/basicmodels/4743.jpg