ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Poll* who would get stripes for the 182

ok most people i have talked to who are not familuar with the Clio range but still appreciate cars really dont rate the stripes.. i think they look good on racing blue and they would also look great on black.. what does every else think about the stripes..

1.what colour 182 would you choose

2. Would you have stripes

After seeing the yellow 182s on here, yellow would be my first choice, without the stripes (IMO they look a bit naff). 2nd choice would be racing blue - youve got to be different to a normal clio.

But before Id seen the yellow Id never have gone for a yellow car!

dk

911 GTS Cab

racing blue (FREE)/yellow(£1500) are my choice

no stripes, even though I like them I think they would draw too much of the wrong attention.

220bhp octy VRS

that red/coral colour (not sure what renault call that) with black wheels and black stripes

just to be different !!

Arctic Blue. No stripes. They cheapen the look of the car imho.

My logic; Racing Blue looks a bit wishy washy in the photos, Blacks a nightmare to keep clean, novelty of Yellow may wear off a bit quick and everones got silver..!!

VaVa

As above. Love the Racing Blue. Stands out a mile, and is synonymous with the 182 as was the Mondial with the Cup. imho.

Those stripes are expensive, tacky, crap which peel off very quickly.:cry:

Mine is in black gold. Beautiful and with the special paint treatment that was thrown in with the car it shines up beautifully with just a wash and dry.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I thought you could only have the stripes on a racing blue one to comemorate the gordini blue racing cars of old

ian
I will be having an arctic one soon me hopes

[Edited by ian 172 on 08 June 2004 at 12:23pm]

black

and deff no gay stripes, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ like above, even if u know wot they mean they still look like sumamt kids put on novas!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 08 June 2004

I thought you could only have the stripes on a racing blue one to comemorate the gordini blue racing cars of old

ian
I will be having an arctic one soon me hopes

[Edited by ian 172 on 08 June 2004 at 12:23pm]
thats right but everybody is having them done themselves. Even the racing blue ones with stripes are not renault fit (except the press cars) as renault are not fitting these yet, a supplier has not been finalised.

Vee dub

Id have an artic or racing blue one with the stripes

looked great at the motorshow.

Lee

BMW M2C

Arctic Blue here. 2 weeks to go.

Stripes only mean something to people on here, or in France. Most people will just think they look tacky. My neighbour loves cars and knew what they meant, but still thought they looked cheap.

However, the photoshop of some grey stripes on a Black car looked quite nice.

Quote: Originally posted by matt the cat on 08 June 2004

Stripes = Crap

Best left for the hyundai coupe
dodge viper piss take! i hate those cars

either yellow with black lol, black with white or jst no stripes

yellow without the stripes! the stripes would only get robbed by some chav 2 put on his nova anyway!

arctic blue... any pics please.

racing blue looks good but if not really clean will look like a turd.

Icesilver looks mint on the 172 but looks pap now they have added exhuast and grey lamps.

Black looks much better than 172 and it is now more destinguishable as a RS model. hard to keep clean.

Yellow looks nice, it individual but expensive and reminds me of a stilo Abarth or leon cupra unfortunatly clio doesnt look as good as those in that colour .. IMO.

so either black/gold or artic blue...

any pics of red one ???
BTW.. is artic blue like the cup blue or close.. becuase that always stands out.

[Edited by cliotuRS on 08 June 2004 at 2:34pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

and there isnt a red one.

and racing blue hides the dirt very well, mine never seems to show it up!

anyone got picures of the orange 182 ??? surley next year its going to be very close to the point of the new clio coming out by then so the 182 in orange will be quite exclusive.. black alloys or anthracite on orange !!! cool.