ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poly carb windows

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Which company and what type do people recommend ? I need to rear quarter windows as shell hasn't got them so either put glass ones back in but it's going to be a track car !

I know afew companies make them but looking for feedback

Plastics4performance are cheaper if you just want to the rear quarters.

ACW motorsport are cheaper if you want the whole kit and have a few more options e.g. locking slider.

There was an ebay seller doing the full set for £420 once upon a time but seems to have disappeared.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
I’ve got some ACW motorsport front ones for sale in the for sale section if you’re interested

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'd go with ACW, I've got their front ones and a rear screen (ACW do use photos of my rear screen on their website/fb etc), rear quarters currently on order. I had kept my distance for a while but now they're thermoforming the rear ones look a lot better.

Regardless of who you use if you don't go with hard coating they will scratch/mark very very easily but I am impressed with the quality overall of the ACW stuff, helps that they're very easy to work with as well

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I'd go with ACW, I've got their front ones and a rear screen (ACW do use photos of my rear screen on their website/fb etc), rear quarters currently on order. I had kept my distance for a while but now they're thermoforming the rear ones look a lot better.

Regardless of who you use if you don't go with hard coating they will scratch/mark very very easily but I am impressed with the quality overall of the ACW stuff, helps that they're very easy to work with as well
What does the thermoforming do , provide a fit / finish?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
What does the thermoforming do , provide a fit / finish?

Yeah, it gives the original curved shape back to the windows, and possibly slightly more rigidity. It is an additional cost but I think it looks a lot better than just a flat surface either bonded or bolted in place, I'll stick a pic in of my rear screen (still covered in protective wrap but you'll get the idea)

IMG_20200527_185857.jpg
IMG_20200527_185844.jpg

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah, it gives the original curved shape back to the windows, and possibly slightly more rigidity. It is an additional cost but I think it looks a lot better than just a flat surface either bonded or bolted in place, I'll stick a pic in of my rear screen (still covered in protective wrap but you'll get the idea)

View attachment 1499740View attachment 1499741
I have bought a shell and the guy sold the window kit from it so need to put something in place. Need a 182 gearbox too !