ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polyurethane bushes ? Worth it ? And what steering rack on a 182?

Just after everybody's advice really , was going to fetch Sunday breakfast and noticed a horrible thud on steering standing still :/

Took it to work today and got it up on the ramp, and noticed that the anti roll bar is wayyyyy over to the left of the car ! As in touching the subframe on the right side ! :/ it's obviously moving , and the bushes look past it !

I've rang renault and with my discount think its £20 for Inside and outside bushes ! Which I'm going to do as a matter of course

My question is, is it really worth looking for poly bushes ? I've checked they are £25 for inner and £25 for outer !

My cars use for the road only , I'd like to track it but I will be chatting rubbish if I say there's any plans to soon lol so road use only , would you upgrade to these ? Is there much point or are the Renault ones up for the job? I don't want the car to be stupid stiff but if its a good upgrade then ill maybe consider !!

Second thing I've known for a while my steering rack bushes are a little worn (steerings a little vague) you can also see where they have moved a little , I rang renault they can do me the 'kit' for £17 (happy days) and I said I'd need 2 kits because there's two points in where the rack is held down !
The renault bloke seams to think I only need 1 kit? Am I right or is he?

And last question he asked what steering rack is on it because there's 4 different types and 3 are the same but a TRW rack uses different bushes ? I can't see any obvious numbers or letters on mine so any ideas anyone? It's a 04 reg 182 no cup or nothing !

Thanks
Dean